Walking Old San Juan

SCkat

we'll be in SJ next september. i'd love to walk OSJ, but i'm wondering how big it is. i know we can set our own pace, but i was wondering how many miles we'd be talking about walking.

man, i need to get in better shape quick before we cruise. i don't want to miss out on anything!

I agree with RichardK: Go to your nearest bookstore and pick up Frommers "Caribbean Ports of Call" Be sure and get 5th edition (latest printing). Under San Juan it has a very detailed WALKING TOUR and it tells you where to start, where to turn right, left etc. and about each item of interest along the way. Such as the Cathedral, etc. etc. It is well worth the investment as you can use it for any port in the Caribbean.

It also tells you much much more regarding restaurants, tours, how to get around, shopping, beaches - Also try this : http://www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp Old San Juan is in the upper left area.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed in Old San Juan at the El Convento for one night after coming off a cruise 2 weeks ago and then flew home the next day. We walked all over OSJ in one afternoon and evening. Our hotel was only about 2 blocks from the El Morro Fortress which was a leisurely walk. Put on your tennies though. All the sidewalks and streets are cobblestone and are a bit bumpy. Make sure to visit the San Juan Cathedral too. We had no itenerary so we just walked at our own leisure.

We stayed in Old San Juan at the El Convento for one night after coming off a cruise 2 weeks ago and then flew home the next day. We walked all over OSJ in one afternoon and evening. Our hotel was only about 2 blocks from the El Morro Fortress which was a leisurely walk. Put on your tennies though. All the sidewalks and streets are cobblestone and are a bit bumpy. Make sure to visit the San Juan Cathedral too. We had no itenerary so we just walked at our own leisure.

Archived