Valor ocean suite vs balcony

lmf24lmf

We had a suite for the 3 of us (DH & DS(13) and me) on the Valor this past January, the extra room (especially the extra dressing area off of the main hall and bath) was wonderful!

The extra space on the balcony, so much storage and the fact that the bathroom was not directly off of the main entryway (had to go through the dressing area to get to bath) just made it seem to flow better. I could be doing makeup or my hair in the dressing area (there is a vanity and huge mirror) made getting dressed so much easier. Also the bathroom has a full Jacuzzi tub that was very nice and put to good use after long days in port.

NOTE: very easy to get spoiled with a suite and even though we always get a balcony cabin (need my private balcony) it is very tempting to upgrade ourselves to a suite. So beware!!!!

We had a suite for the 3 of us (DH & DS(13) and me) on the Valor this past January, the extra room (especially the extra dressing area off of the main hall and bath) was wonderful!

The extra space on the balcony, so much storage and the fact that the bathroom was not directly off of the main entryway (had to go through the dressing area to get to bath) just made it seem to flow better. I could be doing makeup or my hair in the dressing area (there is a vanity and huge mirror) made getting dressed so much easier. Also the bathroom has a full Jacuzzi tub that was very nice and put to good use after long days in port.

NOTE: very easy to get spoiled with a suite and even though we always get a balcony cabin (need my private balcony) it is very tempting to upgrade ourselves to a suite. So beware!!!!

Just off Valor with oceanview suite (jr. suite) 9206 had sofa bed so would fit 3. Regular size balcony but had 2 chairs, table and lounge.Loved the space.early into room and first departure.

Just off Valor with oceanview suite (jr. suite) 9206 had sofa bed so would fit 3. Regular size balcony but had 2 chairs, table and lounge.Loved the space.early into room and first departure.

Not to derail the thread, but did you take any pictures from the balcony? I have heard that the Captain's suite next door can be intrusive? We are in 9206 (Conquest, but should be same layout as Valor) and I'm worried I may prefer a regular Ocean Suite. Any other tidbits about the Junior Suite?

Thanks!:)

I was not impressed with Carnivals Conquest GS as compared to a Neptune Suite in HAL.

HALs are bigger, have a tub AND shower plus more perks. Great perks!

But the price difference is huge., so there ya go .

The extra space was nice but not worth the price asking... Unless you score a nice upsell ( we did)

If I cruise HAL again., suite

Carnival .. Balcony .

Not to derail the thread, but did you take any pictures from the balcony? I have heard that the Captain's suite next door can be intrusive? We are in 9206 (Conquest, but should be same layout as Valor) and I'm worried I may prefer a regular Ocean Suite. Any other tidbits about the Junior Suite?

Thanks!:)

might be a problem if loud group in captains suite but our neighbors did not use it very much.we could look in it from our balcony.didn't really hurt front view.