Vista Family Harbor Suite Review

One thing that could definitely be updated in these rooms is the light switches. The light in the walk in closet is tied into the main room lights. I brought a battery powered led light that is also magnetic to use in the closet to not wake everyone else up. Also, the curtain to block out light from the door is about an inch too short so I propped a chair against it and pushed the curtain fully closed. Also, don't place anything on the balcony to dry etc because the crews have been cleaning each day on the outside of the ship.

Thank for the information

My question are is the closet have ample space for 5 people also where did you get the magnetic led light?

Thank you

I would say it might be a tad small for five. There are 3 closet doors with shelves and a rod with 24 hangers. A shelf is above the rod and plenty of open space below for an open suitcase. The rest of the room lacks any real storage except for a small cabinet next to fridge.

I would say it might be a tad small for five. There are 3 closet doors with shelves and a rod with 24 hangers. A shelf is above the rod and plenty of open space below for an open suitcase. The rest of the room lacks any real storage except for a small cabinet next to fridge.

Thanks for the information on the closet space.

Looking forward to the pictures of the cabin.

I am booked in 2406, Cove Balcony. Please let me know how much noise you have over the week!

Also, can you get a photo of this cabin in relation to the Family Harbor Lounge? Can you take photos of the offerings inside the lounge?

Only if you can...thanks in advance!!

We were in 2404 last week. There's definitely noise from the galley. Not all day or night, but we woke up a couple of times every night.

2406 is only steps away from the lounge, say 10 steps.

One thing that could definitely be updated in these rooms is the light switches. The light in the walk in closet is tied into the main room lights. I brought a battery powered led light that is also magnetic to use in the closet to not wake everyone else up. Also, the curtain to block out light from the door is about an inch too short so I propped a chair against it and pushed the curtain fully closed. Also, don't place anything on the balcony to dry etc because the crews have been cleaning each day on the outside of the ship.

Totale agree on the light and curtain!

We were in 2404 last week. There's definitely noise from the galley. Not all day or night, but we woke up a couple of times every night.

2406 is only steps away from the lounge, say 10 steps.

That's worrisome. I have a 9 yr old and 17 month old. They are relatively deep sleepers but I hope it won't wake them. I'll be extremely angered/annoyed if they wake up at all hours of the night.... I understand I chose the location but I wanted to try a new family cabin (emphasis FAMILY) and needed a balcony so I had no other choices.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

That's worrisome. I have a 9 yr old and 17 month old. They are relatively deep sleepers but I hope it won't wake them. I'll be extremely angered/annoyed if they wake up at all hours of the night.... I understand I chose the location but I wanted to try a new family cabin (emphasis FAMILY) and needed a balcony so I had no other choices.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

We had our kids(4yr, 3yr, 6m) with us, they didn't woke up.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Do you have any real pictures of the cabin layout? we are also travelling 5 people and staying in one family ocean view and I was wondering how the upper pullmann bed arrangement is. Thanks :)

I've seen already a good amount of feedback on the family harbor area. And there's a review with an interior with several pics. Why isn't anyone else posting pics of this great area? I would love to SEE the family harbor suite and not just read about it.

Following

I would love pics of Breakfast choices & snacks - times theyre available.

Information on the kids menus in JiJis & Cucina.

Availabilty of video consoles.

Thanks

The breakfast choices were much better than I had imagined would be available. Fresh fruit (peaches, strawberries bananas and oranges) sausage, bacon, cottage cheese, oatmeal (with several toppings) grits, scrambled eggs, danishes, muffins, cheeses, meats, etc. Breakfast is from 6AM to 1030AM each day including debarkation.

I'm not sure if there are any other games available on the two PS4 systems as I only saw Madden 2016 and a Lego themed game being played. I checked the cabinets around the systems and there weren't any other games to view. It could be that they are locked up somewhere and can be added if requested. I asked about 5 different workers if there were any other games and they didn't know.

There weren't kids menus posted in the specialty restaurants and they weren't open when I was by them. I would assume that the typical kids food would be available for order if they didn't choose to eat off the regular menu.

:D Looking forward to your review as we have one booked for the NYC to Miami repo cruise. What Suite number do you have booked? Also anything you can share about the Family Harbor experience would be great. Thanks so much for doing this!!!

We were in 2402. The experience is wonderful especially if traveling with children or a family that likes to sleep in. I am an early riser and it was wonderful to hang out in the lounge and watch tv or read and drink unlimited cappucinos and expresso while waiting for the rest of the family to awake.

One annoyance is the doors to the balcony which when they slam close they make a huge noise. I wish the ship was built with a tension rod to slow the door down, but I believe since they are water tight doors they have to be built this way.

Being on the second deck is a blessing on leaving the ship and for the MTD which is a short one deck walk up.

The elevators were struggling to keep up with the demand and I noticed three that didn't work all week long. I know they will have these fixed in no time. Also, since either two or four elevators are on each side of the hall it made it difficult to catch one if there were a lot of folks that walked up and the elevator that opened was on the opposite side of where you pushed the button and were waiting.

Noise from the overhead galley was minimal IMHO, but I could see it being more bothersome for some folks.

I was hoping to get info on the non suite. We have the deluxe family harbor ocean view Cat FJ. I wondered what these PJs were exactly and what treats they had for the kids.

Video Game Console types.

Kids eat free menus

No PJ's, teddy bears for our sailing. I suspect these were only for the inagrual?

One night we got prepackaged smore's in our stateroom.

The breakfast choices were much better than I had imagined would be available. Fresh fruit (peaches, strawberries bananas and oranges) sausage, bacon, cottage cheese, oatmeal (with several toppings) grits, scrambled eggs, danishes, muffins, cheeses, meats, etc. Breakfast is from 6AM to 1030AM each day including debarkation.

I'm not sure if there are any other games available on the two PS4 systems as I only saw Madden 2016 and a Lego themed game being played. I checked the cabinets around the systems and there weren't any other games to view. It could be that they are locked up somewhere and can be added if requested. I asked about 5 different workers if there were any other games and they didn't know.

There weren't kids menus posted in the specialty restaurants and they weren't open when I was by them. I would assume that the typical kids food would be available for order if they didn't choose to eat off the regular menu.

A little correction on the openings for breakfast: on port-days it opeens till 09:30.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

I love the review of your suite. A little unhappy with the fact that in this class (Vista class) if we want 3 or 4 in a suite we have very limited choices of cabin/locations. On the Breeze I have many more options. It makes me feel that Carnival is forcing the families that travel in 1 room to be on Floor 2.

I love the review of your suite. A little unhappy with the fact that in this class (Vista class) if we want 3 or 4 in a suite we have very limited choices of cabin/locations. On the Breeze I have many more options. It makes me feel that Carnival is forcing the families that travel in 1 room to be on Floor 2.

I agree with you, I was really interested in family habor, but we usually pick a higher deck, I am not sure if I would like being that low

I agree with you, I was really interested in family habor, but we usually pick a higher deck, I am not sure if I would like being that low

Same reason why we didn't book these cabins. That and the fact that they don't have any double family harbor coves. We might have done one if we could have had the kids in an interior across the hall. Carnival seems to want families relegated to deck 2 and in one cabin. Very rarely do we book 4 in one cabin.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Same reason why we didn't book these cabins. That and the fact that they don't have any double family harbor coves. We might have done one if we could have had the kids in an interior across the hall. Carnival seems to want families relegated to deck 2 and in one cabin. Very rarely do we book 4 in one cabin.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We only have 3, if we had 4 I wouldn't even consider it. I may still give it a try, since it does seem really cool. I have never stayed that low, so I really don't know unless I try it. I am waiting to hear more first hand reviews before booking, as I am looking at late 2017 or early 2018. Don't want to wait too long, the 2 I dates I am looking at seem to have a good selection left, but I know the longer I wait the selection won't be as good... I am torn.