Carnival Glory

arljay

Our 56th cruise. Just returned from one week on the Glory October 1st.

We sailed with friends that took advantage of Carnival's Great Military Fare. They should get a big "pat on the back" for all they do to aid our gals and guys.

We went the "cheap seats" this time and we were a bit disappointed in the size of the inside cabins. Not at all like the older ships of the fleet. The food was good, the entertainment was as good as could be because of choppy weather. They decided it was too dangerous for their dancers on the stage but they finally performed the last two nights. Heard some small minded passengers saying they wanted a refund because they had one program listed and replaced it with another. It was hard for me to believe I heard them compain - oh well, takes all kinds to make the world go around. Cruise Director was fabulous but unfortunately he got sick and was bedridden the last part of the cruise.

We loved the dining room attendants - and all the fun at dinners - our favorite meal because of the atmosphere in the dining room. We had the best.

The ports were routine - St Thomas, St. Maartin (our favorite) and Nassau but we went to cruise and fall asleep in a deck chair so we didn't spend much time ashore.

The ship is beautiful but so very cold. We ate most meals out back where it was warm. The Fish and Chips on the 11th deck was a nice change.

Overall it was a pleasant week but we had the worst room attendant ever. An older woman that never smiled and grunted quite a bit. No, I didn't say anything because I did not know if she was suffering some mishap. Her assistant was great.

Loved the hot water each night and that is a luxury - some ships - even newer ones do not have the hot water all the time.

We sail next on the Brilliance of the Seas, Jan 2 - 18 of us. Needless to say, we love cruising. Have experienced all the different types of staterooms, Suites, verandas, oceanview and inside. Will not spend the extra money on the Suite or Veranda stateroom mainly because we are always with a group of friends and we all meet elsewhere so we are up and out to be with them. Oceanview is great but on longer cruises we like to nap in the afternoon and when you shut the door on an inside stateroom it is midnight. We'll take anything as long as it is sailing the beautiful seas.

Our very first cruise was on Sitmar's Fairwinds and we will never forget the wonderful treatment they gave us.

Happy Sailing

Thanks for the review. We are considering taking the Glory next June. We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 adolescents). You mentioned that the inside cabins are smaller than on the older ships (185 sq. ft.). Are they actually smaller or was that just your perception? We have sailed on Fantasy and Sensation and the inside cabins, while not cramped, were a bit "cozy".

Thanks for the review. Going on the Glory after Thanksgiving. So they cranked up the air conditioning, eh? Someone must have said something. I always run into someone who complains, but like you said it takes all kinds.

How was the embarkation in Port Canaveral?

When I was on the Glory in May the rooms always seemed to become very hot, no matter if you were at sea or getting ready to go into port around 4AM. We thought our air coniditioning was broke, but several people we talked to said the same thing. I think my mom suggested on her comment card they check it out lol.

Archived