FLL / Miami Car Rental Before Cruise

Deptacon

Question for anyone with experiance in this.

I am flying in to FLL 2 days prior to our Cruise on NCL Escape Saturday 8 October. Looking to have a rental car on 9 October to get around FLL and Miami and see some sights/places.

Possible course of action:

Rent a car at the airport, pick up in FLL when I land the night of the 6th. Question, suggestion for returning the car and getting to port of Miami???? Drop off back at airport and take an uber/taxi etc all the way to miami?

Return the car somewhere near the port on the 8th after driving there???? If so, anyone know a nearby drop-off location near port of Miami?

Any other ideas????

It looks like picking it up at the airport (FLL) then returning it thier on the 8th....then taking an SAS or Uber shuttle is the best bet..... unless some knows something better or more convenient?

Edited by Deptacon

National, Alamo, Enterprise (and maybe Enterprise) offer a free shuttle from their MIA airport location to POM; Hertz, Avis and others are located in downtown Miami close to POM - about a $12=14 cab ride if they do not shuttle.

Usually no one way drop fees in FL, but you may not always qualify for the lowest rate with a one-way rental.

I would price it out for returning to FLL and taking SAS/QLS to POM compared to a one-way rental with either a free shuttle or a short taxi to POM. Good luck! :)

I have done this a couple of times now. Rented through BUdget at FLL, drop,it off the morning of cruise at their downtown location (2nd Avenue). They runs free shuttle to the airport and are only a couple of miles away. Do the reverse after the cruise.