FREE EXCURSION PERK, Need help please...

Theresa522

Hello, this is the first time we will be cruising with perks from booking the Haven. My question is, we have a free excursion but can we book online and use this? Or do we have to wait until we are on board. :confused:

Also, I thought when booking we would have the free excursion for all three of us but when I look at the print out it just says my name and QTY 1 so I guess I was wrong and it only applies to me?

Hello, this is the first time we will be cruising with perks from booking the Haven. My question is, we have a free excursion but can we book online and use this? Or do we have to wait until we are on board. :confused:

Also, I thought when booking we would have the free excursion for all three of us but when I look at the print out it just says my name and QTY 1 so I guess I was wrong and it only applies to me?

The current promo is a $50 shore excursion credit PER CABIN for each of four ports (Bermuda is handled differently), not per person. (It's not a totally free excursion, it's a credit.) Do you have some sort of different promo?

As for booking on line v. calling, the terms and conditions for the current promo say that you have to call to book or book on board, BUT this has been discussed at length on another thread (link below), and NCL might be allowing people to book on line. Personally, unless and until NCL makes that clear in writing, I would not take the chance of jeopardizing application of the credit by booking on line. But again, what promo do you have?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2358641&highlight=shore

I booked our cruise over a year ago and got $75 excursion credit. It is per port per room and can not be combined, its a use it or loose it no adding it to another port. Not a great deal as we are a family of 4.

I called and booked the excursions I wanted but they will be billed to my on board account no pre pay was necessary. You can wait but if its sold out even the concierge can not make a bigger boat.

The current promo is a $50 shore excursion credit PER CABIN for each of four ports (Bermuda is handled differently), not per person. (It's not a totally free excursion, it's a credit.) Do you have some sort of different promo?

As for booking on line v. calling, the terms and conditions for the current promo say that you have to call to book or book on board, BUT this has been discussed at length on another thread (link below), and NCL might be allowing people to book on line. Personally, unless and until NCL makes that clear in writing, I would not take the chance of jeopardizing application of the credit by booking on line. But again, what promo do you have?

How is it handled on Bermuda cruises? We are cruising in October, and I have the excursion credit....

How is it handled on Bermuda cruises? We are cruising in October, and I have the excursion credit....

Always a good idea to read the Terms and Conditions of any promo you get. I don't know when you booked, but this is what the T&Cs say now regarding the current promotion:

Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/choice

(scroll down to the very bottom of the page to find a link to the Terms and Conditions)

I booked around a year a go. We got the Utltimate Dining Package for (3), Prepaid Service charges for (2) dd not included in that. The adult beverage package for (2) and the soda package for (1) The excursion just says: Choice Shorex (max seven ports) Qty 1 and then just my name.

Pretty good deal at the time we booked the Haven. I guess I can call NCL but I booked through a travel agent so maybe I have to contact her? Either way I was just curious and appreciate the help! :)