Earth Google to find your ships in port

andy1

How do you search for a specific address? The help section does not tell you where to go and I don't see it anywhere! Do I need to login?

In the upper left corner there should be a white box, type in the address or point of interest and then hit the search button.

I have the Miami port on Google Earth and it shows 3 ships; two of which are Carnival Victory and Valor. When you go to Krooz Cams and look at the Valor bridge cam, it shows Victory sitting in front of it. I believe it's real time!

I checked because we were supposed to be leaving on Valor today, but had to cancel. :(

I've heard about this site several times but never went to it. Most people talk about it as if the pictures were real time but as several posts have pointed out I too find it is old based on construction in my neighborhood.

The view when soomed is pretty blurry which takes a little fun out of it.

Thanks for posting.

It is not always 100% accurate but pretty close. For my own house, the X mark it is actually two houses off. My husband and I have viewed all our old address sites, some were exact and some slightly off. If you live in a rural area, sometimes you cannot even see a house, just a fuzzy picture. However, if you live in most cities, the pictures can be very clear and detailed.

Everything I look at is blurred when you get close enough to see anything. Is the clarity any different with a paid subscription than it is with the free download? If not, is there anyway to change the settings to get a clearer picture? We have dsl through the local phone company, does the connection speed make any difference in the clarity?

Everything I look at is blurred when you get close enough to see anything. Is the clarity any different with a paid subscription than it is with the free download? If not, is there anyway to change the settings to get a clearer picture? We have dsl through the local phone company, does the connection speed make any difference in the clarity?

Connection speed determines how long it takes to "build" the pic. Broadband cable is faster than DSL and allows it to build the pic (called streaming) faster. You'll notice as you go to a new area or change the elevation of the view that down on the bottom of the pic is a streaming %.

Sometimes even on my broadband cable connection it takes a few seconds to "build" the pic. You can see it coming into focus as it generates the pic. So, if you have DSL using phone lines it may take a little longer. Just look for the streaming % at the bottom and slightly right side of the pic screen. :)

There should be a search box at the upper right. If you don't see one, click on top where it says "View", and select 'Full Screen", it is a toggle between full screen and view with the options.

There are 3 choices here, "Fly to" will transport you to destination (type in Miami for example). If put on your address, include state and city separated by a comma.

You can placemark a site once you have found it by using menu "Add" then select placemark.

One interesting thing you can do is send a placemark to somemone via email. If they already have the program, clicking on the link you send puts a placemark on THIER computer, and transports them to location you sent. Go to "File" and then "email view" to do this.

The veiw if my house and neighborhood is at least 4 yrs old. I have a new sunroom and it is not in the picture. But is really clear.

The one of my mom's house is at least 2 yrs old. you can also print the views in Google Earth. We were teasing mom about looking down at her house with a spy satilite, sent her a photo to prove we were looking at her house. She actually belived us! LOL!

This is a GREAT program for everyone. My grandsons 7 & 8 yrs old just love to see what they can find. We play games like find the pyramids, Golden gate bridge, statue of liberty, etc.

My 7 yr old grandson came running into the livingroom the other day "Come look I found my house"!!!! I have my house marked and he took the bookmark to my house and followed the roads to find his house!!!!

Lori

I love playing around with Google Earth. I just think it's so much fun to enter in a random location - Rome, Honolulu, Tokyo, anywhere - and be able to see a view of the city. It's almost like a mini-tour without actually being there!

However, I can't believe they show pictures of military bases! You'd think that would be a security threat... :eek:

Archived