Vista Prices

Um....

Carnival doesn't roll out a new ship every year, and this one is their largest, most expensive to build yet.

Why would one expect the prices not to be higher than the last one? Ya' sort of have to pay for the ship and have a ROI on it, don't you?

Let me also add that the market will pay the higher prices for the biggest and newest. You charge what you feel the market will accept under the current economic conditions. New ship = higher prices. Carnival Breeze is OLD news. Why compare new / larger to former?

Just got a notice yesterday that the Vista cruise we are on in April went up 15%. Thank goodness it is paid for

Once you place a deposit, you are price protected. Sending the balance to Carnival early does nothing but alleviate "worriers" but of course it's everyone's personal choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Our friends booked this repositioning NYC-MIA cruise first. Then Carnival dropped the price so we booked OV amidships deck 1 which was only deck available. Came out to less than $100 per day per person which I consider a bargain for a brand new ship.

• 2 months later...
When I booked, the prices weren't anymore than the same cruise on Breeze. Granted since so many people are booking the prices have SOARED up. If I was to book the same cruise now, it would be over $1500 more than I paid.

We booked our Vista cruise the day the dates became open and we have the same result - both of our cabins have gone up by $1500 - we are so glad we booked when we did. Really would have to have thought about it more if the prices were at today's level.