Group Dining question

moongal

We are booked on the Liberty out of Galveston with 7 people. (7 total including myself) we are in 3 different cabins with 3 different booking numbers. (Each family made their own booking) but we have linked our bookings together for dining purposes so we could be seated together for dinner.

We all signed up for "Anytime Dining" (or maybe it was called "Your Time") so I am confused why we needed to group our bookings together.....this was from the carnival rep who made the booking for me via phone.

My main question is, will we always all have to arrive to eat at the same time, since our bookings are linked for the dining room?? For the sea day brunch what if one cabin wants to sleep in and the others want to eat earlier, can we each go when ever we want or do we all have to arrive together? While our plan is to eat all together, there might be an activity or something that one of might want to do when the others want to eat, so can we go to anytime dining independently of the rest of the group, or must we all now eat every meal together the entire trip. I didn't think to ask this when I booked.

You are correct that since you have Anytime/Your time dining your bookings do NOT need to be linked.

This sort of dining is like going to a restaurant on land.

IF you all plan to meet one night to go to dinner then just show up to the MDR at the same time and request a large table for your group.

IF some couples want to go to breakfast in the MDR then that is their choice. That is open seating for everyone anyway. It is only dinner that has some people on set schedules and some,like your group, on eat as you please schedules.

If for dinner some of you want to eat later one night that is just fine. You can eat whenever you want and each family can be on their own or with the others or whatever!

We did a cruise with my sisters and their husbands. We did not link our bookings but we did have anytime dining. The first night we went to the dining room and asked to be seated together. No problem. They linked us after that but we did not eat together every evening. Shouldn't be any problem for you. Everyone eats where they want to.