Advice for Uploading Pictures

fatherlu

I'm planning to upload some pictures for an upcoming review. Can anyone advise on the more enjoyable (from a reader perspective) way to see a picture uploaded?

For example, is it better to attach it (so responses won't include the picture in the body) or include the picture in the body?

insert_2.jpg

If preference is to include the pictures in the main body, any recommendations of easy posting sites to upload the pictures in order to use the links? Currently, I use Google Drive and Google Photos but the links don't work to place the pictures in the body of the message. For the example above, I had to upload the image to postimage then use the link to post it here. I'd like to find an easier way to post if most people prefer images in the body instead of the attachments below.

Please let me know your thoughts.

739772132_insert2.jpg.ca1af927f200706fc7e3d24d897d7d84.jpg

1490161777_insert3.jpg.b20aa955825c1d31a9706d299ec5bd3d.jpg

I prefer photos in the body of the post vs attachments.

I used photobucket for my pics.

I had to ask for technical advice in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2360798

Great advice. Thank you. I'll try CC's photo upload also but I recently signed up to postimage.org (beta version) and it seems to work well with my smartphone.

I prefer them in the body of the post.

I use tinypic.com using the img option.

Thanks for the referral to tinypic.com. I tried it and found that they had an additional security process with the use of ads before you can upload. Try https://beta.postimg.org/ It works like tinypic.com but doesn't show the ads and extra security process in order to upload.

I tried CC's photo upload but it isn't as convenient as some of the third party sites.

If preference is to include the pictures in the main body, any recommendations of easy posting sites to upload the pictures in order to use the links? Currently, I use Google Drive and Google Photos but the links don't work to place the pictures in the body of the message. For the example above, I had to upload the image to postimage then use the link to post it here. I'd like to find an easier way to post if most people prefer images in the body instead of the attachments below.

Please let me know your thoughts.

There is a Photo Gallery right here on Cruise Critic (link at the top of the page) where you can upload and host your photos so that you can include them in your posts.

Why not just use it?

There is a Photo Gallery right here on Cruise Critic (link at the top of the page) where you can upload and host your photos so that you can include them in your posts.

Why not just use it?

On an Android phone, are you uploading the photos with a CC app or just from the desktop browser? When using the smartphone browser, CC is not easy for me to navigate as the site doesn't seem to be modified for the smartphone screen (and if it is, links are really small for the finger). I haven't tried the CC app though--so don't know if you can both post messages and upload photos via the CC app. Let me know if you have done this and if so, how easy is it?

Edited by fatherlu

Testing with CC app

100_1677.jpg

Sorry everyone for the test. Seems like the desktop version for picture upload is much easier to use. Uploading pictures from the CC app is doable but difficult since it is hard to add the link using fingers as opposed to using a computer mouse.

Edited by fatherlu