Empress unobstructed OV on Deck 7

We are (finally!) on the Empress of the Seas. I tried to take some pictures of the cabin before we moved into it and was partially successful. The cabin is much smaller than expected (I could swear that I saw a picture of a sofa on the website, but it is MIA). Carpeting and furniture looks brand new, with all surfaces shiny clean. A/C works well, and so much water pressure in a shallow sink that water splashed out on the floor. Now the bad news... two over packers with six pieces of luggage for five nights and I don't know where it is going to go. The bed is very comfy, with new bedding, centered in front of the window with about 16 inches of space on either side. There are two tiny bedside tables with no drawers or shelves, so maybe an 8 x 14 inch surface each. Flat screen TV with a small tabletop and three small drawers. The desk has a few small drawers and very narrow shelves along the mirror. There is a nice seat for the desk, brand new and with a short back. There are no shelves in the closet except along one side of the tiny, number pad safe. Loads of hangers but the closet is about 40" long.

The bathroom is also very new and clean but tiny. There are nice glass shelves in the corner, so storage in there will be fine. Shower curtain still has fold marks in it, which will be a good thing because we will be very close to it.

There is some luggage in the elevator lobby waiting to be claimed plus three bins with no place to unload it.

My SO asked for a cooler to store medication and GS was very pleasant, promising to deliver soon. I hope it is not a refrigerator or we will really be cramped.

The ship is beautiful, crew and staff members smiling and eager to please.

I intended to start this thread, then use Tapatalk to add photos. Hopefully I can post them in the next few minutes and not need an IOU.

Thanks for posting! I'd originally thought we'd be on this sailing too, then our work schedules changed. I'll follow along in this thread and ADS94's. Wishing you a great sailing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by undercat