??? for those just off Legend

sharkaymon

Hi all.

First time poster here.

Does Carnival post the menu for the week in the dining area? I am debarking on the Legend on Tuesday, June 21st.

Welcome to the boards.

Carnival will usually post each dinners menu by lunch near entrance to main dining rooms. They also post breakfast/lunch menus on sea days here (lunch is not open in MDR for port days.) some ships tos also have an info channel and menu is listed, but is really vague in its description. Always a highlight for me to go check the days menus out, no matter how many times we have sailed.

I believe Carnival Legend is one of last ships to have not gone to American table menu in the fleet, and still has original grill vs. Guy Fieri burgers.

A very helpful poster here zydecocruiser has a lot of menus posted- it can vary so of course depending on chef. For Legend first Elegant night is Wed,

This should get you a very good idea.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/7dy_mdr_dinner.html

Where was the Muster Drill at.....and how long was it...My wife has knee problems and can't stand to long....I have been on some where the drill was in the theatre where you sit down.

Muster Drill was on Deck 3. It didn't last very long, maybe 30 minutes. Depends on how many people decide to hide out and try not to come. I did see that a lot of seniors and folks that couldn't stand were allowed to sit just inside and there was someone there telling them what to do in case of emergency. I thought this was a good idea because we had a lot of seniors on this cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Carnival Legged “conquest class” Room 7289

• Boarding, used Uber and arrived at 10:30, Very smooth boarding process check in and short wait till boarding. On board at 11:30 AM, went to excursion desk and signed up for “Behind The Fun Tour”.

• Room 7249, extended balcony, very clean, ready for us when we got there (platinum service), Room Stuart Putu, help was Ni Nyoman. Ice in our bucket was never empty. Traveling with a group of 6 the phone is import. We had had an issue with the phone and Putu had it fixed quickly. Flat screen TV, used an extension cable and our own speaker to listen to the local Naturalist broadcast on TV when entering Tracy Arm Fjord, did not find a USB port on TV for charging phone.

• Muster Drill was on Deck 3. About 30 minutes. Depends on how many people decide to hide out and try not to come. Some handicapped, seniors and folks that couldn't stand were allowed to sit just inside and there was someone there telling them what to do in case of emergency.

• Steak House for supper 1st night. Meal was superb which is normal for the steak house, 2 bottles of wine with 3 couples, should have 1 for each couple but we had to purchase the 3rd. Alex, Carmen, Mataliia, Alena and Andreea made this a special meal for 6.

• Truffles Dining room, Deck 2, 5:30 PM, Table 234 , Great location within the dining area, Service was very good considering how many people the dinning staff must attend to. It was nice to still have the linen on the table and the older menu’s. Staff; Head Waiter Nenad, Waiter Raul & Assistant Waiter Surya.

• Sushi bar for supper the 3rd night was extremely special. “A boat on a ship” was enormous. That was enough for 4 people. I highly recommend.

• Night Life, Red frog pub was a major meeting place for our group. Pub Staff Vedran Muratovic, Cova Dunn, Thuya Mya and Dedy Harianto were examples of why they call Carnival the Fun Ship.

• Ports:

o Tracy Arm Fjord, What a beautiful day. Naturalist talk was a good thing to have over the TV. We were unable to enter Tracy arm due to Ice. So we went to the glacier adjacent to it. Think it was Sawyer Glacier.

o Skagway, 7:00AM-9:00PM Yes the Capitan has his name on the rock across from the pier. Went into town and visited the shops. Use the local bus and all day pass for $6. Beautiful town and nice people.

o Juneau 7:00AM-3:00 PM Caught taxi and went to Alaska Brewing Company after a short stop at a road side park on Hwy 7 and Mendenhall River to view Mendenhall Glacier. On return trip we stopped and to eat at Twisted Fish Company Alaskan Grill and had sea food. Great food

o Ketchikan 7:00 AM-1:00PM Such a short port day we got off and went shopping. We like to shop at local stores not cruse company owned stores. Lot of them here.

o Victoria Canada, 7:30PM-12:00PM did not get off the ship.

• Jen is still one of the Best Cruises Directors Carnival has.

• Cruise Critic Mix and Mingle; where was everyone? As a season Cruiser we know to read the schedule closely but almost missed it ourselves. Thanks to our cruising friends for the reminder. Thanks Carnival for the support.

Edited by daredneck

o Tracy Arm Fjord, What a beautiful day. Naturalist talk was a good thing to have over the TV. We were unable to enter Tracy arm due to Ice. So we went to the glacier adjacent to it. Think it was Sawyer Glacier.

Did they still do the excursions in Tracy Arm? Or are you saying none of the excursions went either?

Has any sailing (Legend) this year made it into tracy's arm? If not, is it worth doing the small boat excursion the tracy arm day?

I am a huge researcher, and have heard many people say best excursion of cruise. Never having been to Alaska on a cruise, I assume the ice is due to still "early" in season cruises. I have read also a reason to book excursion as can get in where ship cannot. Will be interesting to see if reviewer above lets us know if excursions went on their cruise.

I am a huge researcher, and have heard many people say best excursion of cruise. Never having been to Alaska on a cruise, I assume the ice is due to still "early" in season cruises. I have read also a reason to book excursion as can get in where ship cannot. Will be interesting to see if reviewer above lets us know if excursions went on their cruise.

That's what I'm hoping!

We were on Legend May 16-24, 7th deck, extended balcony. We had a flat screen TV, but didn't notice USB ports on it. There were no open power outlets behind the TV and I didn't notice any other around the cabin.

I brought 2 extensions cords with 1 plug and 3 outlets each. I also brought 2 outlet splitters with 1 plug and 3 outlets each. I typically used the 2 extension cords and 1 outlet splitter to recharge several camera batteries, tablet/phones, and power a laptop computer all at the same time. It worked fine from the 1 outlet on the desk area. Keep the cords folded to reduce desk clutter.

Off topic.. But what cabin were you in? We are booked same deck and extended balcony for next year. How is the view? I was concerned because the regular balconies seem to extend further out than the extended and didn't know if that affected views. Thanks!!

love the Legend was on her last Sept. to Hawaii no problem with the food, loved the cruise Director maybe its because we have the same last name Baxter. Never worry about disembark we always stay post cruise. On our Alaska cruise August 16 cabin 7267 mid balcony looking forward to our excursions Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska salmon bake and Mendenhall Glacier and Yukon Scenic Drive was going to do the train but they can't stop for pictures our wildlife sighting plus side trips. 48 days and counting OOPS 45 days will be in Seattle

Hi All, We will be on Carnival Legend on July 12th. We were wondering what nights elegant nights were on. I know there are 2, but can't find out exactly when. Carnival was no help when we called them. They would only give us an estimate of the 2nd or 3rd night after we leave Seattle and the 2nd or 3rd night from the end. :confused: That makes no sense.

Hi All, We will be on Carnival Legend on July 12th. We were wondering what nights elegant nights were on. I know there are 2, but can't find out exactly when. Carnival was no help when we called them. They would only give us an estimate of the 2nd or 3rd night after we leave Seattle and the 2nd or 3rd night from the end. :confused: That makes no sense.

If you research on the forums or reviews you would see it is the 2nd day and 2nd to last day for elegant night.

Also, for Tracy Arm There is NO EXCURSION LISTED on the day of Tracy Arm. It is in the Juneau tours, even though it has nothing to do with that. Then it will say that Reservations are very limited and that you have to E-MAIL THEM not Reserve though the site. I reserved back in Jan and they said they were pretty much full and we barely got on the last boat. Although I would defiantly still check as they sometimes will do another one if there is enough demand. However, it is kind of their fault since they don't list it in the right place... Also, its the only tour you don't pay for up front, it is added to your room when you board.

If you research on the forums or reviews you would see it is the 2nd day and 2nd to last day for elegant night.

Also, for Tracy Arm There is NO EXCURSION LISTED on the day of Tracy Arm. It is in the Juneau tours, even though it has nothing to do with that. Then it will say that Reservations are very limited and that you have to E-MAIL THEM not Reserve though the site. I reserved back in Jan and they said they were pretty much full and we barely got on the last boat. Although I would defiantly still check as they sometimes will do another one if there is enough demand. However, it is kind of their fault since they don't list it in the right place... Also, its the only tour you don't pay for up front, it is added to your room when you board.

Hi Krystm, Thank your for your prompt answer concerning the elegant nights. It was very helpful. I don't know why you felt the need to add the admonishment about researching the forms and boards. I knew it was there somewhere, but because I was on a time crunch and wanted to find the answer for someone else who is cruising with us, I thought the kind folks at Cruise Critic could help me help my friend faster. I'm sorry if my request was a burden. :eek:

Also, Even though I didn't mention Tracy Arm in my post so I'm not sure why you did, I also know all about the Tracy Arm excursion. You are correct about it being listed in the Juneau excursions and all the other information you listed.

I E-mailed my request and received my confirmation months ago. We are good to go. :)

Edited by FloridaMimi

Sorry for the snarky-ness it just came out that way as I have seen that question in particular, been asked multiple times, but still wanted to put the answer out there. I apologize just been a long day.

The Tracy Arm info was for one of the previous posters and no one had answered him, but I couldn't do a multiple quote.

Again, sorry about that just a trying day.

Sorry for the snarky-ness it just came out that way as I have seen that question in particular, been asked multiple times, but still wanted to put the answer out there. I apologize just been a long day.

The Tracy Arm info was for one of the previous posters and no one had answered him, but I couldn't do a multiple quote.

Again, sorry about that just a trying day.

No worries, i understand we all have days like that and I agree the same question is asked all the time, but I usually don't worry about the exact nights till we get on the ship so I don't really pay that much attention to the answer. But today a friend who is cruising with us this time wanted the info ASAP because they were considering a specific excursion to book and wanted to make sure it didn't conflict and asked me to find out even though I didn't have the time to do the research. That is another reason we called Carnival, but then got that crazy unhelpful answer. As I said before... No worries. It's all good. Thank you for the apology though.:):)

Has any sailing (Legend) this year made it into tracy's arm? If not, is it worth doing the small boat excursion the tracy arm day?

I was on the Legend from June 21st to 28th. The small boat excursions seem to be worth it if you don't want to actually get up close and touch a glacier. I spent my money on a Skagway excursion where we took an hour boat ride to the Davidson Glacier and actually touched it.

Thanks for the info. Krystm on Tracy Arm Fjord excursion

fortunately i made all my reservations in February so we are good to go my only concern is if we will make it there, reading other post they substitute this excursion for another glacier?

Off topic.. But what cabin were you in? We are booked same deck and extended balcony for next year. How is the view? I was concerned because the regular balconies seem to extend further out than the extended and didn't know if that affected views. Thanks!!

We sail Legend July 26, (first Alaska cruise) so I can report back on our two cabins with extended balconies, and an interior across the hall. I have had the same concern you are talking about having sailed in Cat 11 suites in past, near the bump out. Usually if you are 3-4 cabins down from bump out should be ok. It is more of an affect for Caribbean and not getting sun on balcony.

I will take plenty of photos, and usually do long reviews.

Anything you have questions on post & I will check here.

Suzy

Sent from my iPad using Forums