Formal Night

Bring a suit on formal night  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Bring a suit on formal night

• Yes
    • No

To clarify, I'm not suggesting separation of classes. However, if they want to enjoy the MDR, then simply follow the dress code. Does it have to be a tux or suit, no. But my original comment was about the fact that saying the cruise lines don't enforce dress code has caused the extreme opposite of formal, T-shirts and shorts ect.

Question, If the OP said he prefers to enjoy the pool naked instead of in a swimsuit, would people still be saying "He paid too, let him enjoy it"???

If OP shows up to dinner in pants and a polo shirt he is within the dress code.

If OP shows up to use a pool naked they are in violation of the Guest RULES of conduct.

So comparing apples to llamas.

Jeeeeeez. All OP said is he doesn't feel like bringing a suit and wanted to know if that's okay. Yes, it is okay to not wear a suit and still go to the MDR. No problem. I bet he won't be in the minority on an Alaska cruise.

It seems like if I don't wear a suit on formal night,there are more than a few people on here that I may have ruined their night! I'm not there to be judged. I'm there on vacation to relax and lose the "real world" for 7 days. And I promise not sure if I will be in the pool in Alaska however if I do, then Cruisingroyally, I promise! I will wear a swimsuit! :D

Edited by NKcruise13

It seems like if I don't wear a suit on formal night,there are more than a few people on here that I may have ruined their night! I'm not there to be judged. I'm there on vacation to relax and lose the "real world" for 7 days. And I promise not sure if I will be in the pool in Alaska however if I do, then Cruisingroyally, I promise! I will wear a swimsuit! :D

I myself don't even wear a tie. I wear nice pants a nice Golf shirt or button down long sleeves. And I don't care what anyone thinks and I don't care what anyone else wears. I've seen people in shorts and flip flops and I Don't Care.

And if someone wants to go nude to the pool that's thier choice.

Enjoy yourself !!

It is a suggested dress style. If you like dress formally or anywhere reasonably in between. IMHO, just look a little nicer on the SUGGESTED FORMAL NIGHTS.

Edited by north29