Oasis May 21, 2016

Just back from the Oasis May 21st sailing. What an awesome ship, and great experience. This class of ship is a must for any cruiser!!! I usually write a review, but will be super busy over the next 30 days, so it may come after then. I have copies of the Compass, which I'll upload over the next few days. If you have any questions, you can ask them, and I'l try to answer them promptly. One thing that I do want to state is that the drink package was well worth it, especially when we purchased it at 20% off a few weeks ago.

SJCruiser, Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise onboard Oasis. I will patiently :) await your review as we will be sailing her next fall for the first time and are already very excited to be sailing on a bigger class ship than what we have previously sailed on. I've read a lot of good things about Oasis and will be anxious to hear what you thought. Did you eat at the specialty restaurants and if so, which were not to be missed? Any shows that particularly stood out in your mind too, that are not to be missed? Thanks in advance for your in put and I look forward to reading your review when you have time.

Kathy:)

SJCruiser, Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise onboard Oasis. I will patiently :) await your review as we will be sailing her next fall for the first time and are already very excited to be sailing on a bigger class ship than what we have previously sailed on. I've read a lot of good things about Oasis and will be anxious to hear what you thought. Did you eat at the specialty restaurants and if so, which were not to be missed? Any shows that particularly stood out in your mind too, that are not to be missed? Thanks in advance for your in put and I look forward to reading your review when you have time.

Kathy:)

Kathy, we had a great time onboard!!! We ate at Chops Grille on the second night/first formal night. The food and service were really good. One of the steaks didn't come out prepared right, and/or was cold, and as a replacement, the chef sent out a butterflies filet, which was perfect!!! Cats, Once Upon a Time, the Aqua Show and Frozen in Time were all great productions. Cats is a must see, and is comparable to Broadway!!! If you want to relax, I can't say enough about the Solarium!!! We went there for breakfast at least 3 mornings, and stayed until lunch time. Its a great, kids free zone. As large as the ship is, and as many people that are on board, it never felt crowded. Even when the shows let out, the traffic quickly dispersed to the elevators or other areas. Only on one sea day could I say that one pool was overly crowded, and that was because everyone wanted to join in the volleyball game, or to keep the ball from hitting the water (it made it down to Central Park a few times. lol). If you're a drinker, the drink package is a must!!! It paid for itself several times over. The best and strongest drinks were from Olga in On Air (Long Island Ice Tea, Whiskey Sour and Grand Margarita) and from Boleros (Triple Coconut Mojito). The Pool Bar staff during the night also made some good and strong drinks (same as above minus the Triple Coconut Mojito).

We had a Central Park Balcony cabin on Deck 14. It was a good location, but being under the pool deck, the chair noise started at 6:00am. Also with Heat Wave (Caribbean Band), playing on the pool deck in the afternoon, it made it hard to take an afternoon nap (for us night owls). With that said, in 11 cruises, I have always chosen a location with cabins above and below, and don't know how I missed this during the booking, or while viewing the documents and deck plans

Great to hear so many good things. My husband has purchased the drink package and we have reservations at Chops as well. We sail 3 Sept and it can't get here soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I posted this question already but got no answers.

Did your bed have a duvet or was it blanket and sheets. I can't remember for the life of me and I need to know.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'll also be on deck 14 but no window or balcony at very back on port side.

Is there an electrical plug by the bedside night stand? I've got sleep apnea so need to have a machine plugged in bedside. Usually I have to bring an extension cord to reach from the plug on the desk to the bed but hoping to not need to pack the cord for this ship.

I'll also be on deck 14 but no window or balcony at very back on port side.

Is there an electrical plug by the bedside night stand? I've got sleep apnea so need to have a machine plugged in bedside. Usually I have to bring an extension cord to reach from the plug on the desk to the bed but hoping to not need to pack the cord for this ship.

There is a plug next to the bed by the phone. Had to plug a CPAP machine in last week. Our bed was closer to the bathroom and the plug was on the right as you face the bed. We had an ocean view balcony room.

Kathy, we had a great time onboard!!! We ate at Chops Grille on the second night/first formal night. The food and service were really good. One of the steaks didn't come out prepared right, and/or was cold, and as a replacement, the chef sent out a butterflies filet, which was perfect!!! Cats, Once Upon a Time, the Aqua Show and Frozen in Time were all great productions. Cats is a must see, and is comparable to Broadway!!! If you want to relax, I can't say enough about the Solarium!!! We went there for breakfast at least 3 mornings, and stayed until lunch time. Its a great, kids free zone. As large as the ship is, and as many people that are on board, it never felt crowded. Even when the shows let out, the traffic quickly dispersed to the elevators or other areas. Only on one sea day could I say that one pool was overly crowded, and that was because everyone wanted to join in the volleyball game, or to keep the ball from hitting the water (it made it down to Central Park a few times. lol). If you're a drinker, the drink package is a must!!! It paid for itself several times over. The best and strongest drinks were from Olga in On Air (Long Island Ice Tea, Whiskey Sour and Grand Margarita) and from Boleros (Triple Coconut Mojito). The Pool Bar staff during the night also made some good and strong drinks (same as above minus the Triple Coconut Mojito).

We had a Central Park Balcony cabin on Deck 14. It was a good location, but being under the pool deck, the chair noise started at 6:00am. Also with Heat Wave (Caribbean Band), playing on the pool deck in the afternoon, it made it hard to take an afternoon nap (for us night owls). With that said, in 11 cruises, I have always chosen a location with cabins above and below, and don't know how I missed this during the booking, or while viewing the documents and deck plans

Thanks so much for the information. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and I will make a note of all the things you mentioned not to miss. I look forward to your upcoming review.

Kathy :)