Breakaway may 15 ( review in progress )

ann41

This was our first time on NCL and we loved it ! There were four in my party, myself, hubby and my daughter and her boyfriend. We both had mini suite rooms . My room was 10190 and my daughter's was 10238 both rooms were nice and clean.

Ill try to break it down in chunks.

Embarking : We had a 9:30 arrival time and arrived around 9:00 we waited in line for about 2 hours. We were on the ship by 12:00 . When we boarded the ship everyone was heading to get something to eat so we followed them to the buffet.

Buffet food : I thought the buffet food was great, they have the same foods through- out the cruise, but also added some new item everyday . All in all it was good.

One thing I loved about this ship is they have cleaning dispensaries all over the ship, especially where the food is . Also they are always in the entrances with spay bottles saying " washie washie " and they spray your hands before you even enter . ( in my case , and only my case this did not work because I ended up getting sick with a horrible sore throat , sinus infection, and a ruptured ear drum ) , but again that was just me and the ship was very very clean in all areas .

All the restaurants were great and had great food , but all three dinning rooms had the same food tho . A little weird but hey at least no one was fighting over eating at one place or another. We NEVER had any problems getting seated at anytime we went., and we went for breakfast , lunch and dinner a few times thought out the cruise . All the food was great.

O" Sheenan"s had great burgers , really ! and there wings were awesome too.

We never got to get at the noodle place :(

Uptown they had great burgers and fries also

Fee restaurants were awesome ! Every meal was perfect .

I'm still fighting my illness so ill write more tomorrow when I have more engery and my brain doesn't hurt.

Any questions so far ask away

The bars : Most of the bars were packed most of the cruise . Outside bars by the main pool was always full with lines and people never leaving their seats . The bars inside were better but still always full . The bar by spice was much better. Drinks were weak. I don't drink a lot but the drinks I did drink I never felt buzzed. My hubby started asking for caption rum then a coke, and he would mix it himself .

The main pool : foget getting a chair unless you are up with the birds. That area was packed all day long with I guess the same people . I don't like crowds so I stayed up in spice. We only had a few days of nice weather but the very first nice day I found some chairs and never left them . It was jamming in spice also no chairs left by 11:00

Hot tubs: forget them ! Also I have no idea how people stay in them all day long . We used them at 8:00 am a few mornings but anytime after 11:00 you can't find an open spot in any hot tub ..

I try to write more later

Edited by ann41

Water slides : I don't do water slides but hubby and my daughter did them and said they were awesome . It's does get really slippery by the slides and by the pools, so be really careful.

The rock wall was a hit also . It is open usually last afternoon so try it out you will love it .

Track and gym : The track is small I reallly don't know why it's set up like that you have to run between people that are just walking by.

Gym : The gym was small but fine for a cruise ship gym. Warm at times tho so be prepared.

The ship is beautiful and big . We still were not able to see every spot of this massive ship .

I will return later