Escape: Mini-Suite Large Balcony or Mini-Suite Spa?

lastchamp64

Hi all, first post on here, but not new to forums... I've been on a few Disney & Mustang forums for years.

I will be taking my first cruise in years. The last time I went on a cruise it was back in the mid 80's aboard the Carnival Cruise ship Carnivale... That was a long time ago. :o I have booked a cruise on the Norwegian Escape for next May.

As of right now I have a Mini-Suite with large balcony(M6) in suite #8122. Now I'm beginning to think about changing it to a Mini-Suite w balcony spa suite. I'm curious to hear what your opinions would be. I should say it is my wife, myself and our 19 year old daughter that will be traveling.

If it fits your budget and your family will use the thermal suite I would make the change. Your daughter is in the cruise awkward age range: too old for the teen club, too young for the adult activities. If she'll use the thermal suite it will be a nice option for her to and either of you can join her there. You'll be able to lounge there so having the smaller balcony may not be a concern.

On the other hand if you really expect that the three of you will sit on the balcony together then the standard balcony will be too small so stay with what you have. Personally I spent more of my "balcony" time on the waterfront so the cabin balcony size wasn't an issue with three of us and I've booked one the Escape for this summer. We actually spent individual time out there, not really sitting as a family.

Hi all, first post on here, but not new to forums... I've been on a few Disney & Mustang forums for years.

I will be taking my first cruise in years. The last time I went on a cruise it was back in the mid 80's aboard the Carnival Cruise ship Carnivale... That was a long time ago. :o I have booked a cruise on the Norwegian Escape for next May.

As of right now I have a Mini-Suite with large balcony(M6) in suite #8122. Now I'm beginning to think about changing it to a Mini-Suite w balcony spa suite. I'm curious to hear what your opinions would be. I should say it is my wife, myself and our 19 year old daughter that will be traveling.

I assume you are talking about the Spa Mini Suite rather than a Spa Suite which is entirely different. The spa minis come with no suite perks. How much more is the spa mini? It might be better to keep your M6's deluxe bathroom, larger cabin, big balcony and excellent location near midship and waterfront, and just buy the thermal suite passes for who ever is interested.

If your 19 year old in interested, they have under 21 get togethers each evening. She can look for them in the Freestyle Daily.