Handicapped cabin on Mariner, can you help?

LaceyLady

My husband and I will be on the Mariner the end of the month and have a handicapped cabin (he is disabled) it is an oceanview cabin on I deck cabin # 2624. Has anyone here stayed in an oceanview handicapped? Curious as to the size and layout of the room. Thank you for any help you can give.

LaceyLady

Sorry...I don't have any experience with handicapped rooms on the Mariner.....but I didn't want you to think no one was "listening", lol. Maybe you could try posting your question on the Disabled Cruise Travel section? It's on the main Cruise Critic page, not under Royals section. Have a wonderful cruise!

Hi, I stayed in an inside h/c. These rooms are large enough for your hubby to turn a wheelchair around in easily. He can aslo use his wheelchair in the shower if he wants. I believe that room is 272 Sq ft. If you need to you can have the Room Steward remove any peice of furnature you want to make more room. I got rid of the chair in the room. The bathrrom has handrails around the toilet and the shower. There is a hand-held shower with a pull down seat. If your husband needs arms for his seat then ask for one from the pool area. Have a good time.

Have you looked at the deck plans? It looks like this cabin is roughly twice as large as a standard category I cabin.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do;jsessionid=000086UKJniNRviCocw6KpcK1Bd:10ktmer4a?shipCode=MA&shipProfile=1083

Regular I cabins are 161 sq. ft. Here's a link to a picture: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/cabin/home.do;jsessionid=000086UKJniNRviCocw6KpcK1Bd:10ktmer4a?shipCode=MA&cabincls=O&cabinType=SO&br=R&deckCode=02

The door is wider on a handicapped-accessible cabin, and the shower is integrated into the floor of the bathroom, (which is also larger) so a wheelchair can roll right in. Watch out for water, water, everywhere. :)

I have no personal experience with these cabins; just did a little research for you, as iiisummeriii said, we don't want you to think that no one cares! ;)

Carol

Archived