Realistic 3-day itinerary?

djl7792

I'll be on the Breakaway in a few weeks. It docks in Bermuda for 3 days. Is this a realistic schedule? Should we switch up the days or do different activities on different days? Is there anything else we should try to include in place of anything or in addition to?

Day 1:

Take ferry to St. George. Go to Tobacco Bay for a few hours, then walk down through the town past all the landmarks to King Square, church, etc. Take bus near Crystal Caves and check out that area. Worth paying for the Crystal Caves or Fantasy Caves? Eat at Swizzle Inn and Bailey's Ice Cream. Take bus to Hamilton and see Harbor Nights and take ferry back to ship from there.

Day 2:

Take bus to Horseshoe Bay and spend most of the day there. Maybe walk along the beaches? I heard that there is a nice walk between the south beaches there. Anything else to do after this or worth heading back to Hamilton?

Day 3:

Stay near the ship at the dockyard. Check out the shops and Snorkel Beach if we feel like it.

Any suggestions?

I've been to Bermuda a number of times and will be going again in July. I think you have too much planned for the first day. I would either skip the beach or skip going to the caves and Swizzle in. Ferry to St. George/Beach for a few hours/Lunch/Walk around town/Ferry back to Dockyard or Ferry to St. George/Walk around town/Bus to Swizzle Inn and Caves/Bus to Hamilton/Ferry back to DY after Harbor Nights.

I'll be on the Breakaway in a few weeks. It docks in Bermuda for 3 days. Is this a realistic schedule? Should we switch up the days or do different activities on different days? Is there anything else we should try to include in place of anything or in addition to?

Day 1:

Take ferry to St. George. Go to Tobacco Bay for a few hours, then walk down through the town past all the landmarks to King Square, church, etc. Take bus near Crystal Caves and check out that area. Worth paying for the Crystal Caves or Fantasy Caves? Eat at Swizzle Inn and Bailey's Ice Cream. Take bus to Hamilton and see Harbor Nights and take ferry back to ship from there.

Day 2:

Take bus to Horseshoe Bay and spend most of the day there. Maybe walk along the beaches? I heard that there is a nice walk between the south beaches there. Anything else to do after this or worth heading back to Hamilton?

Day 3:

Stay near the ship at the dockyard. Check out the shops and Snorkel Beach if we feel like it.

Any suggestions?

Day 1 looks okay to me if you are leaving open the caves. You can decide that on the fly.

Day 2 is good. The walk people are talking about is between Warwick and Horseshoe. You could do Gibbs Lighthouse if you have time.

On day one: we are thinking of taking the ferry to St. George and heading to Tobaaco Beach. From there heading to The Swizzle Inn and then on to Hamilton for the festival. Any thoughts on transportation from the beach to the restaurant and then from the restaurant to Hamilton?

On day one: we are thinking of taking the ferry to St. George and heading to Tobaaco Beach. From there heading to The Swizzle Inn and then on to Hamilton for the festival. Any thoughts on transportation from the beach to the restaurant and then from the restaurant to Hamilton?

How many are in your group?

Take the shuttle from Tobacco Bay to King's Square where you could take a taxi or bus (cheaper option) to SI. If a taxi is at TB when ready to leave' date=' take that to SI. From SI, take the bus to Hamilton.

SBtS[/color']

How many are you? That makes a difference.

We have 8 in our group.

You can take taxis or buses or a combination. If you do taxis you would need two since seven is the limit per taxi. Two Taxis to the Swizzle from Tobacco. And then two taxis from the Swizzle to Hamilton. The alternative would be to take the bus from St. George's to the Swizzle. And the a bus from the Swizzle to Hamilton.

Between the ferry in St. George's to Tobacco either walk, or two taxis or the shuttle from the Town Square.

Personally I would do buses if I were two but I would do taxis with four or more. Three would be a toss up. It is a matter of what you or your group prefer though. You have options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

You can take taxis or buses or a combination. If you do taxis you would need two since seven is the limit per taxi. Two Taxis to the Swizzle from Tobacco. And then two taxis from the Swizzle to Hamilton. The alternative would be to take the bus from St. George's to the Swizzle. And the a bus from the Swizzle to Hamilton.

Between the ferry in St. George's to Tobacco either walk, or two taxis or the shuttle from the Town Square.

Personally I would do buses if I were two but I would do taxis with four or more. Three would be a toss up. It is a matter of what you or your group prefer though. You have options.

Thank you. That helps a ton! It sounds like you are very knowledgeable about Bermuda. What are your top two beaches to visit? We have four adults and four teens. We are also interested in finding a beach with the beautiful pink sand.

Thank you. That helps a ton! It sounds like you are very knowledgeable about Bermuda. What are your top two beaches to visit? We have four adults and four teens. We are also interested in finding a beach with the beautiful pink sand.

For pink sand' date=' go to Horseshoe Bay Beach which is also a must visit beach, but I believe that any of the South Shore beaches have some degree of pinkness. There is a good review with pictures of all the beaches here.

SBtS

Horseshoe Bay and the coves to its east are a good start.

Edited by Charles4515

djl7792 the itinerary looks good to me! If you are short on time on day 1, you could consider doing one cave instead of both. On day 3, you might also consider a ship sponsored catamaran sail and snorkel excursion. Because it's sponsored by the ship there's no worry about missing the ship. The catamaran's pick up and drop off right near the ship.

Larue's Krew, you could take the #10 or #11 Bus from St George to Swizzle Inn. The bus stop is across the street from the Swizzle Inn. Then when ready to head to hamilton, go back across the street to take the #10 or #11 into Hamilton. That's what our group of 5 did a couple of years back as a cheaper option to a cab.