One night cruise on Princess? Anyone with experience?

A.Emgee

Hello! I did a one night coastal a year ago, May of 2003. I went with two friends who had never cruised before and my sister. We had a FABULOUS time! I thought it basically would be a hotel room for the night that floats - boy was I wrong! We got a great show that was a nice combination of the dancers and comedy, and the food was great! It was like one night had been removed from a normal length cruise and no one knew any different!

We combined this with a train trip from Seattle to Vancouver (we live in Seattle), so it was like the ultimate girls night out!

High recommeded!

Casey

It apparently counts towards your captain circle too. I think you can book a future cruise too. Wish I could go twice.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03
Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03
Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

• 1 month later...
[quote name='seattlekckckc']Hello! I did a one night coastal a year ago, May of 2003. I went with two friends who had never cruised before and my sister. We had a FABULOUS time! I thought it basically would be a hotel room for the night that floats - boy was I wrong! We got a great show that was a nice combination of the dancers and comedy, and the food was great! It was like one night had been removed from a normal length cruise and no one knew any different!

We combined this with a train trip from Seattle to Vancouver (we live in Seattle), so it was like the ultimate girls night out!

High recommeded!

Casey[/QUOTE]Casey,

They weren't crazy enough to make the one night a formal night, were they? And breakfast on the day of disembarkation - was that really early?

Thanks!

We did a four night Alaska Sampler and would not do a short itinerary again. You coul dfeel the difference in atmosphere to the longer voyages. It was also jam packed with MANY cabins booked at four to a room. The cost was low so there were so many people. I think the capacity of 2600 is listed at double occupancy and if so, there muct have been at least 3600 passengers aboard.

We still enjoyed it (its still a cruise right?), but we would not go out of our way to do it again.

Derrick

Over the years, we have done several two or three nighters, either to or from San Francisco, when they are moving the ships for the Alaska season. We think it a great way to preview a particular ship we might want to take later on a longer itinerary.

As far as I know, all the one nighters have been Vancouver/Seattle, or vice-versa.

Bit out of the way for me, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Michael

Archived