NCL Cruise Tour - Anchorage Hotel

Who knew?

This is a question to those who've been on NCL cruisetours. When did you find out what hotels you're staying in, especially for the first night on land-first itineraries?

We'll be in Anchorage a few days beforehand, and will have to get ourselves to the NCL hotel the first day of the land tour. We haven't seen any information about it on the published itinerary. (Some trip reviews have mentioned the Sheraton and the Millennium, but we'd like to know for sure.) We'd also like to know where we're staying in the other stops on the tour.

Will we get that information with our cruise docs? I think they're supposed to be available 60 days before departure. Is that 60 days before the tour starts, or 60 days before the ship sails?

FYI, the tour is the southbound Denali-Valdez Explorer, starting in Anchorage Aug. 9 (2016), followed by cruise on the Sun from Seward Aug. 15.

I posed the question on the NCL board with no responses.

Thanks for any information.

Linda

Thanks, Off to Alaska. Based on that, I suppose we'll know sometime in early July. Sooner would be nice but I guess it is what it is.:rolleyes:

I see your itinerary has an overnight in Anchorage the last day. Have you learned what hotel?

We're looking forward to this trip so much. Will look forward to any reports from you about your experience.

If it's easier to reply directly, my email is LLTAFEL (at) yahoo (dot) com. (The upper case isn't necessary but clarifies "L" not "I".)

Linda

Our hotel in Anchorage is the Anchorage Hilton.

Okay! Thanks for the quick reply. I realize we might not have the same hotel but it's something to go on.

We'll be interested in the trip on Prince William Sound (Whittier to Valdez) and the stay in Valdez and any activities, included or optional, there. Also the Richardson Highway trip to Fairbanks. Haven't seen any reviews about any of those.

Have a great trip!

Linda

Okay! Thanks for the quick reply. I realize we might not have the same hotel but it's something to go on.

We'll be interested in the trip on Prince William Sound (Whittier to Valdez) and the stay in Valdez and any activities, included or optional, there. Also the Richardson Highway trip to Fairbanks. Haven't seen any reviews about any of those.

Have a great trip!

Linda

Cruise tours use several hotels, everyone does NOT stay in the same one. Depends on availability, random assignments and numbers of tour people. It is pretty easy to just cab from hotels in Alaska general areas.

Many cruise tours, only include the fast ferry, which I now, never take, it is inferior for my priority of scenery and viewing for Prince William Sound which is my interest. You need to take a close look at the detail descriptions, if you have been given the end itinerary information?

The Richardson you can read about with THE MILEPOST. Depends where they stop? Again, some cruise tours, are lacking in that department. I often see buses at the Worthington Glaciers, so hopefully, you have a stop there. Valdez has a very informative visitor web site. Take a look at what they offer. Stan Stephens is very popular and well done, so are the kayaking trips, which I do. The city museum is very well done and an add on stop for me. Depends greatly with how much time you have there?