Park Guell - What time should I buy tickets?

We will be arriving in Barcelona on the NCL Epic on July 10 and disembarking :( Our flight home isn't until the next day, so we plan to take full advantage of the day to sightsee. We're staying near the Placa de Cataluna (where the airport bus stops).

My goal is to get off the ship, leave our bags at the hotel and head to Park Guell before it gets too crowded/hot. What would be the earliest time to book tickets? Would 11 am be too early? Should I book it for later in the day and maybe wander through the Gothic Quarter first?

We're seeing La Sagrada Familia before we board the week before, but the day of disembarkation is when we're going to try to see the "highlights" of Barcelona (i.e., Gothic Quarter, cathedral, Magic Fountain). I'm trying to figure out the best order to see it all in a short amount of time. Thanks!

No need for tickets to Parc Guell, unless you intend booking a tour. Its easy to DIY. Metro to Vallcarca, escalators up the hill to the top of the park for the best views, then walk downhill through the whole park.

To avoid the heat and crowds go early.

The upper park is free and open, but the "monumental area" where the most interesting things are requires tickets. They only allow a few hundred people to enter the park for each time slot, and most time slots fill up by the by day before. Unless you are going for the first couple of time slots in the day, you'll probably be out of luck. I saw them turning away walk-ups.

Go to the park website and buy on line. Quick and easy. It will show you if tickets are still available for the time slot you want, and how many are left.

It is possible to zip through the park in about an hour, but it's better to plan for more time so you can enjoy it.