Lots of questions about the Sky Ship

My husband and I will be on the sky the 17th and we have a few questions we haven't been able to find the answers for.

Excursions

GSC wave runners- Is it worth the money? What do we do with our stuff and personal items while we are on the wave runners? How long is the instruction on how to use them? What time of day is this excursion?

Nassau Atlantis- Has anyone booked a day pass from Atlantis? We looked it up and it's a lot cheaper.

Food

Do they offer Fries or Nachos anywhere?

Is there cheese and extras to put on the burgers or are they just plain?

Do they offer assorted cheeses with the fruit?

Are the Steaks cooked well in the MDR? Like if you say Medium Rare does it come out that way or are they over cooked.

Do they have seafood options in the MDR and Buffet?

Can you order drinks like Tequila Sunrise or a Mimosa in the morning with your breakfast?

Do they have an omelet station at Breakfast?

Can you ask for Beer in the MDR or do they only offer Wine.

Do I really need to bring bottled water? I was thinking of bringing a bubba keg to fill up with water and keep in the room.

Wifi

How is the wifi on the ship? If I have an iphone can I put it on Airplane mode and still be able to recieve and send messages? We have a baby we need to stay in contact with.

I would love to see recent MDR menus and activity sheets if anyone has any.

I can't really help you out with your excursion questions, but I can give you general NCL food answers....

There are fries pretty much everywhere, and I'm pretty sure O'Sheehan's has nachos on the menu...? I would think the buffet would have nachos once or twice as well

Is there cheese and extras to put on the burgers or are they just plain?

Assuming you mean on the buffet, Yes there is always cheese and extras to be found

Do they offer assorted cheeses with the fruit?

again, assuming you mean on the buffet, and yes again to cheese (I'm also a cheese-a-holic :) )

Are the Steaks cooked well in the MDR? Like if you say Medium Rare does it come out that way or are they over cooked.

MDR can be iffy on doneness. If you are willing to pay a bit more, then I would suggest Cagney's, La Cucina, or Le Bistro for perfectly cooked steaks, and Modern for a food coma level of meat

Do they have seafood options in the MDR and Buffet?

Yes to both

Can you order drinks like Tequila Sunrise or a Mimosa in the morning with your breakfast?

You can get full on Tequila shots for breakfast if you want. They will never try to restrict your alcohol consumption lol

Do they have an omelet station at Breakfast?

Yes, but the line can sometimes be kind of long if you are going at a peak time

Can you ask for Beer in the MDR or do they only offer Wine.

You can get beer, liquor, mixed drinks, whatever your fancy is

Do I really need to bring bottled water? I was thinking of bringing a bubba keg to fill up with water and keep in the room.

I also just fill up my own water bottle from the bathroom sink. The ship's water is perfectly ok to drink

You have to pay for WiFi, and it can be pretty slow. Video chatting might be painful, but normal messaging shouldn't be too bad

I can't really help you out with your excursion questions, but I can give you general NCL food answers....

There are fries pretty much everywhere, and I'm pretty sure O'Sheehan's has nachos on the menu...? I would think the buffet would have nachos once or twice as well

There's an O'Sheehans on Sky?

I'm not sure....but I did say they were general NCL food answers lol. They should at least have an equivalent pub type place, right?

I don't think it has all of those specialty dinning places either....

Edited by laurabegorrah

The wave runners are a "follow the leader" sort of thing. You can't just rent them and go off on your own. They keep you in a group...slow ones lagging and holding up the faster drivers.... Most other ports have wave runners that you can rent and do your own thing.

Instruction takes about 15 mins. or so. They have lockers for folks doing the wave runners.

As far as Atlantis...if you don't have water parks near your home, you might enjoy it....but only if you have a FULL day there...the park doesn't open until 10am....if you can't stay until 4 or 5, it's a waste of money.

What else is there to do in Nassau besides the basic excursions. I didn't know if anyone had any good ideas that we haven't thought of yet.

Stay on the ship, enjoy the free beverages and chill. The best thing in Nassau if you ask me!!

I would love to stay on the boat and relax for most of the day, but my husband is dying to go back to Atlantis. Has anyone ever just bought a day pass from Atlantis on the day of? Instead of pre booking we thought we would just take a cab over and buy a day pass from them. I am secretly hoping they book up and won't let us in lol.

There's an O'Sheehans on Sky?

NO there is not an O'Sheehans on the SKY!

This is their smallest ship and does not have lots of restaurants and bars found on the larger ships.

The buffet is small, limited and very crowded most of the time.

There is a buffet further aft that many people do not find until the last evening.

We eat breakfast and dinner in the MDR.

Steaks where cooked to our request of medium rare.

I did not see nachos with cheese but nachos and salsa.

You should be able to find nachos and Pico de Gallo on the buffet in the afternoon one day.

The only specialties on the Sky are Cagney's, Le Bistro, Il Adagio and then the Plantation room has sushi offerings at night.

There is a pub, but it only opens in the evening, it is called Longboards.