SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW! Dawn Princess

Guest AdiosReality

Guest AdiosReality

Okay, someone has got to know the answer to this! On the cruise critic review of the Dawn Princess, says that as of October 2006 she will be moved from the SF round trip Mexico to Australia, we have booked in Oct. 18th 2006, does anyone have a clue as to which ship she will be replaced by? Or is she not moving anymore? Were lost! Princess is still booking this cruise as being on the Dawn princess, yet it is a year away, and anything can happen. I also believe what I read at Cruise Critic, more so than princess itself. Has anyone ever had princess switch ships on them prior to sailing?:confused: :o :( :rolleyes: :eek: (mixed emotions)

In the new Cruise Atlas, the Dawn is listed as doing the round trip San Francisco-Calif.Mexico 10 day until Dec 12, 2006. As far as I know she will be completing these sailings. The Golden is doing 2 sailings April 5th and April 12th 2007 which will go all the way to Acapulco from San Francisco round trip. The Diamond takes over the 7 day LA on Sept 23, 2006 and continues through April 28, 2007, from Sept through April each year.

I would not worry about the Dawn being cancelled for the date you are sailing. Princess has been known to make changes, but so have other cruiselines. This itinerary is so popular that I believe if the Dawn were to be cancelled they would replace her with another ship. I know the Maitre D aboard the Dawn and he hasn't been informed of a change for that date. I will let you know if I hear something different.

Guest AdiosReality

Thank-you thank-you! This has been boggling our minds for awhile, if you do hear anything please e-mail me at ladyraja@aol.com anyone please, I know it is a year away, but I have been studying the Dawn getting all excited, with the thought that she may not be our vessel, and I will have to learn a new ship all over again. Half the part of becomming excited is getting to study the ship and all its ammenities. Now another question is, how likely is it that we could possibly get a free upgrade? One of those lucky few? This is our first balcony room, but a mini suite sure would be cool, do they upgrade often? Were really excited! Can ya tell?:rolleyes:

The minis on the Dawn are fantastic, and lots of people book this ship just for the minis, so I would imagine the odds of an upgrade are pretty slim.

About the whole Australia thing, Princess had originally planned to send the Dawn down there, but then changed their minds. They're sending the Pacific down there instead. Here's some more info about it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=4338222#post4338222

Guest AdiosReality

Another question is, we were concerned about tables and chairs next to the windows on the pool decks, are there any? We like to sit at a table out on deck next to the windows and watch the water, but in recent photo's that I saw of the ship, I only saw chaise lounges. I hope this is not true, as it is one of our favorite pass times.:(

Another question is, we were concerned about tables and chairs next to the windows on the pool decks, are there any? We like to sit at a table out on deck next to the windows and watch the water, but in recent photo's that I saw of the ship, I only saw chaise lounges. I hope this is not true, as it is one of our favorite pass times.:(

While it is true that along the windows there are chaise lounges, at the ends (corners) of the pool deck area there are a limited number of tables / chairs. Although we like to be in a lounge, when the lounges are all full in the shade, there usually is an open table.

Archived