Advice for disabled getting through SEATAC

We will be flying into Seattle for an Alaskan cruise in August. I have requested wheel chair assistance from the airline but I am still worried about making it through the airport in a timely manner- specifically for a 1215 departure (our airline changed our schedule and bumped up the flights by a few hours). I am especially worried because I have read about very long TSA wait times. Does anyone have any advice/ recommendations? Will I be able to get an airline wheel chair where we drop our luggage?

First of all, if you aren't happy with the change of schedule, call your airline - NOW. You aren't stuck with the new flight(s). They can put you on a later flight (if there is one). We've had flights change to before our ship even docked and changing the flight wasn't a problem - even with the 'restricted' airfares.

Second - SeaTac has waiting areas for wheelchair assistance to the gates right across from the airline check-in counters. We just ask when checking in, dropping off bags, and are pointed to the nearest one. There will be an attendant there. One of the things they do is prioritize the passengers. The sooner your flight departs, the higher your priority.

Third - Yes the lines thru security can be long at SeaTac, but what major airport doesn't have long lines? Using wheelchair assistance at SeaTac we've never gone thru the regular line. Your wheelchair pusher will know what to do - and the shortest way to your gate. Well with worth the tips we give DH's pushers.

First of all, if you aren't happy with the change of schedule, call your airline - NOW. You aren't stuck with the new flight(s). They can put you on a later flight (if there is one). We've had flights change to before our ship even docked and changing the flight wasn't a problem - even with the 'restricted' airfares.

Second - SeaTac has waiting areas for wheelchair assistance to the gates right across from the airline check-in counters. We just ask when checking in, dropping off bags, and are pointed to the nearest one. There will be an attendant there. One of the things they do is prioritize the passengers. The sooner your flight departs, the higher your priority.

Third - Yes the lines thru security can be long at SeaTac, but what major airport doesn't have long lines? Using wheelchair assistance at SeaTac we've never gone thru the regular line. Your wheelchair pusher will know what to do - and the shortest way to your gate. Well with worth the tips we give DH's pushers.

Thank you so much for this information. I tried for a later flight but then we miss the last connection in Atlanta. I also thought about staying an extra day- but that would be even more expense for the hotel and another night parking and boarding our dogs (the dogs are the most expensive if you can believe that).

Do I understand that you're connecting in Seattle? If so, the airline should have all of your connecting information. There should be a wheelchair waiting for you as you get off the plane. You won't have to go through security a second time as you're already in the gate area. How long is the layover?

Do I understand that you're connecting in Seattle? If so, the airline should have all of your connecting information. There should be a wheelchair waiting for you as you get off the plane. You won't have to go through security a second time as you're already in the gate area. How long is the layover?

Or, did I misunderstand? Are you flying into, or out of Seattle?