Bathing Suit Trama!!!!

Try Lands End as well.

Good luck :D

###

Lands End does have swim "dresses" that do amazing things for us non-twig like females .

If you get the tie halter style- be careful when you jump off a snorkel boat.

The flotation device was all that was between my "girls" and the general public -and just barely. Husband almost choked laughing ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Let me join in on wet suit trauma. Last month while at Maho Beach in St. Marten we watched planes come in and out. Here is a pic of results from commercial plane taking off.

.9b0d36cdf43cb34b8d427dda07e8c4b8.jpg

Sand blasted by plane taking off. I had sand in places on my body even I have never ventured before. Wet suit + sand in every crevice of you body makes for a big O'l pile of sand for our room Stewart to clean up.

Been there done that..... Never again!!!!

Yes, a lot of us have been there! :eek:

Have you tried on the TrimShaper Layla swimsuits, or the Longitude swimsuits?? I bought 2 of the TrimShaper and Love them!!:cool:

Where did you find these brands at?

Ladies! I am with each and every one of you!

I have had great success finishing Longitude, Rose Marie Reed and Miracle suits at TJ Maxx, Marshalls or Ross. I buy multiple different pieces at Lands End and try them on, return the rest for no shipping charge at Sears. I do not buy the suits with max control at Lands End because see I ended up in the same predicament as the OP. I think the pressure from the suit made my eyes bug out.

If any of you have resources to find a suit for my daughter who is a curvy size 20 with a 40G bra size, please share.

Here's to hoping each of us find suits we love. I tend to buy the same style in multiple colors...

Edited by MommaBear55

Too funny, Im loving this thread! I too, have also done the dreaded new swimsuit shopping before cruises. Last cruise in February aboard Paradise was a disaster! I usually just wear a regular bikini but had been feeling uncomfortable w a few pounds i had gained. I think i found the best tankini and buy it. After seeing pics my friend took of me in Grand Cayman on the beach, I REFUSED TO EVEN BRING IT OFF W ME IN COZUMEL! 😨😢😈😲 So during our beach break, there i sat in my shorts and tanktop drinking a corona while my girl snorkeled solo.

I leave next month on the Valor and Im not going say I feel confident in regular bikini yet but im working on it. Lol

PS- I paid about $88 for the tankini at Bealls.

Sometimes, you just have to say, this is me. I am who I am. When I decided that, and went with the most comfortable suit, I had a better time. Accepting yourself lets you be who you are in the inside, and people are attracted to that person. If not, you don't want to be around them, and who cares what they think. I am plus size, I wear shorts down to the knee, with a tankini on the top. I have all sorts of cover ups to wear to and from the pool, and into the buffet if we want to go in and eat before or after the pool. I am an outgoing person, and have made lots of friends on the ship, all sizes and shapes, men and women. Even had a few come ons, lol, that I turned down cause I am happily married, but sure does build that ego. Yes, it's nice to look attractive, but attractiveness comes in all sorts of forms. So I say, go out there and enjoy that cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No matter what size you are women are always self conscious in a bathing suit. Wear something comfortable , you will most likely never see these people on the cruise again. I prefer a pretty cover up to wear over my suit. Life is short, enjoy yourself!

Been there too ladies. I have several suits from Lands' End and just love them. A bit pricey but fit is good and comfortable for active water activities. They have a good selection online and delivery is quick. But in the end, just concentrate on having a good time. Who knows when the next cruise will be. Life is too short!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You ladies really made me laugh today! And life is too short to not laugh! [emoji23] I totally agree with the posters who say nothing but 2 piece suits for the cruise. I also have to make sure I have a board short or boy shorts type bottom or my thighs rub together and get sore. If I try to use a regular brief type bottom (which most of the skirtinis have) I still have to wear shorts over them until I get where I'm going.

The posters who said buy what makes you feel comfortable are bang on but missing step two. Don't bother with the mirror. It's just jealous you found something that makes you feel great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just a word of warning regarding 2 pieces. A few years back we went to Maho Beach. DH and DSs were out kind of far. I wanted to get in but didn't want to get my hair wet. They told me I needed to be out further because the waves were breaking close to shore. I didn't listen.

All I remember is opening my eyes underwater and seeing greenish blue water. My feet were up in the air and I did a somersault.

Then I was pushed up onshore head first on my stomach. Another wave came to finish me off. Up further on the beach I went getting a free exfoliation along the way. My top was down but I was covered head to toe in sticky sand. Now picture a blind, drowned rat clawing their way up the beach to safety. Yep that was me. All I could hear was loud roaring laughter coming from the sea. I realized what happened and managed to pull my top up, flip over, and get the sand and salt water out of my eyes.

Pretty sure I yelled some expletives at the 3 males who were almost drowning themselves because they were laughing so hard at me. I sat on my towel thankful to be alive. Good times. Good times.

This is a funny and great thread.

As for the bathroom, I just squat and pull the part of material in the way to the side. The idea of pulling my wet bathing suit down and back up again makes me cringe. :eek:

Agree about Longitude and Lands End. Great suits.

Funny but the last time I bought a suit, I brought it home and discovered that it was the exact same cut as one I already had, just a different pattern. Guess that style really works for me. :D

The two piece bathing suits with the full top are the bomb and I want to kiss whoever started that trend. Mix and match, plus, I also love the bike short bottoms

OMG the memories of struggling, fighting with and trying to get that one piece back up after using the bathroom, twisted and stuck to you ... ugh!

ETA: Try the Avenue & Catherines too, they had some cute ones if you need fluffy sizes ;)

Yes! Love the tankinis with the skort or biker shorts. They have solved lots of problems for us ladies.

Tankini is definitely the way to go! Feels so much less restrictive, covers well and hey - you're wearing a 2-piece. I went to swim outlet.com, you can get tops by bra size - and they go pretty far up the alphabet. Paid about $70. (Saw the same one somewhere else for $90), then I just bought a bottom at Target. Good luck!

You might try an online vendor called HydroChic for misses and plus size swimwear. Their swimwear may be overly "modest" for most women, but I'm a person who needs serious sun protection as well as flab coverage. I've been very happy with their swim tees and pedal pusher length swim shorts.