Amber Cove on Princess Cruise line

hockeygal54

We (3 adults ages 26-60) are docking here mid November and not seeing there is much to do here from the posts I've read. None of us are the "lay in the sun and drink beer all day long" types any longer nor does that falls excursion seem appropriate from my research. While we're not in wheelchairs, climbing a falls that is slippery etc seem very prudent either.

As for Cabanas, is that strictly a Carnival thing or does Princess do it also?

I believe all of the activities, including cabanas, will be available to you. This port is owned by Carnival, so all of their lines (Princess, Holland America, Costa and others) have access to the Port.

There are some tours of local country side and the cable car that have gotten some good reviews, so you may look at those tours.

I am a 54 yo male and my daughter and I did the 12 waterfalls tour a few weeks ago and loved it. I am in average shape (or less, lol) and made it fine. With the tour of the 12 waterfalls, the tour hikes up to the top and then comes down the falls. The hike was moderate and took about 30 minutes, but there are places to stop and rest along the way. I would not recommend if for anyone with mobility issues, trouble breathing during normal activities or someone deathly afraid of heights over 6 feet, but if you are in average shape, don't automatically assume it is not for you.

Thanks for the info. All 3 of us are in decent shape and working to get into better shape over the next 5 months before we cruise! [emoji13]. What kind of footwear did u have? I just watched a video on iguana mamma and these rocks look slippery and all folks are wearing helmets and life jackets. Also assume if you bring a camera, it needs to be the waterproof variety. My daughter has a GoPro but km more the point and shoot waterproof Fuji kinda gal!

Thanks for the info. All 3 of us are in decent shape and working to get into better shape over the next 5 months before we cruise! [emoji13]. What kind of footwear did u have? I just watched a video on iguana mamma and these rocks look slippery and all folks are wearing helmets and life jackets. Also assume if you bring a camera, it needs to be the waterproof variety. My daughter has a GoPro but km more the point and shoot waterproof Fuji kinda gal!

I ordered some water sneakers from Walmart for $ 9.99 that worked fine. They had a stiffer sole and stayed on better than the other water shoes I had. They were kind of like crocs with a mesh top and strap. My daughter was embarrassed at how they looked, but they worked great and were very lightweight.

They do give everyone a helmet and life jacket to ensure safety, but I did not feel unsafe.

I have a Nikon Coolpix S30 that works great. It is waterproof and takes decent pics on land as well.