Pre-cruise hotel

mcchane1

I know there are lots of threads about opinions on hotels near the port. We have stayed at the Embassy Suites previously and have the booked for our cruise next April. But if airfare doesn't come down we will be driving instead of flying into FLL, with that being the case does anyone have a hotel recommendation that might be a little more affordable that can be up to a couple hours away from the port?

http://Www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info.

Palm Beach is about an hour north with several reasonable hotel options off of 95. You could stay as far away as Orlando - about a 3+ hour drive - with 1000's of hotels in every price range.

April, around the Easter break, will be peak season - book something now that you can live with and then keep shopping. ;)

Try Ft. Pierce or Port St. Lucie. About an hour and a half north of Port Everglades. Hotels are right off route 95. I have stayed at a Hampton Inn and a Fairfield Inn in Ft. Pierce and a Spring Hill Suites in Port St Lucie. All were very nice.

Edited by GWM907

Thanks for the replies. Still lots of time to wait on airfare prices but currently they are at $700pp, there are 5 of us, need them to get below $400 or we will be driving. We can keep our reservation at the Embassy Suites but we just need a place to sleep so we can go with someplace a little ways out and save a few dollars.

I know there are lots of threads about opinions on hotels near the port. We have stayed at the Embassy Suites previously and have the booked for our cruise next April. But if airfare doesn't come down we will be driving instead of flying into FLL, ..........

Check out the Ramada -Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park. Reviews are favorable for this basic hotel and I think parking is free or a reasonable price. The shuttle to the port is also free or low cost.

We're flying into FLL, and I've booked this hotel for both our December 2016 and February 2017 cruises.