Disembarking on final day

heliwoman

I haven't seen this addressed anywhere. The ship is supposed to get into Barcelona the final day at 6 am. We have a 10 am flight out of the airport. In booking our flights back in January Carnival stated that the earliest flight would be 9 am so we figured 10 am should be ok. How crazy or difficult is it getting off the ship?

When we were on the Breeze we were off the ship by 6am and at the airport by 7 our flight wasn't until 11 and had to wait for the counter to open for check in. Getting off the ship in Barcelona was no problem.

Fastest and easiest debarkation I've ever had. Literally walked off in group 9 by 730 and was waiting for our driver for an hour since I set it up to be picked up at 830.

Same here, walked off and waited for the taxi. So book a taxi ahead and you'll be fine.

I haven't seen this addressed anywhere. The ship is supposed to get into Barcelona the final day at 6 am. We have a 10 am flight out of the airport. In booking our flights back in January Carnival stated that the earliest flight would be 9 am so we figured 10 am should be ok. How crazy or difficult is it getting off the ship?

Not at all crazy.....people were getting off all through the night so its not a huge deal to get off for a 10 am flight. I would recommend a Carnival transfer. It was so simple.

We took our sweet time self debarking Friday and were still off by 7:50 am. They state be out of cabins by 8:30 on all paperwork and were already calling for people to be out by 8 am the other day. They were happy to get people out bright and early!

Just back from the 5/24 Athens to Barcelona Vista cruise. Although the ship arrived in Barcelona prior to 6am on our final day, we had until 9:30am to actually be off the ship. We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in the Horizons dining room that morning. Disembarkment numbers were assigned via blue luggage name tags (i.e. 1 through 30 or so), but we just walked off once we finished breakfast. If you choose to have your luggage transported off the ship, you have to put your bags outside your cabin door by 10pm or so the night before. We just took our own luggage off the ship to avoid searching for it by number later.

However, once disembarking, we did stand in line for close to 30-40 minutes awaiting a taxi to our Barcelona hotel. That timing may depend on what time you leave the ship. Taxi ride to our Barcelona hotel was around 20 euros.

Thanks everyone! Sounds like we should arrange for a service to the airport that morning ahead of time. We plan to take our luggage with us (so much easier in the long run) but wasn't sure how long to long it would take to walk off. So perhaps a 7:45 taxi/car to the airport with the expectation of walking off at 7:15?

Thanks everyone! Sounds like we should arrange for a service to the airport that morning ahead of time. We plan to take our luggage with us (so much easier in the long run) but wasn't sure how long to long it would take to walk off. So perhaps a 7:45 taxi/car to the airport with the expectation of walking off at 7:15?

That should work. I was off early (6:45) thinking it would be a hassle, not an issue at all. I had an 8:30 pick-up. That was my mistake. It took me an hour to find my ride. If I had scheduled it for 8, I would have been fine.

8:15 is about when the crowd really became heavy for the taxi stand. If you're out by 7:15, you may not even need to set up a ride ahead of time. That would depend on your comfort level of having or not having a ride beforehand.

Just got off the Vista this morning. Disembarkation began at 7 am. We were in zone 23, got called at 8, and were in airport by 8:45. Easy to get off and retrieve luggage. Take a taxi instead of Carnival Shuttle. Standard rate of 39€, 2 people and 2 bags and a carry on.

Just got off the Vista this morning. Disembarkation began at 7 am. We were in zone 23, got called at 8, and were in airport by 8:45. Easy to get off and retrieve luggage. Take a taxi instead of Carnival Shuttle. Standard rate of 39€, 2 people and 2 bags and a carry on.

Frankly, I loved the shuttle Carnival had. My flight was at 255 PM so I got off Vista almost last at about 915 am and walked right to the shuttle. The lines for taxes in Athens were soooo long. I was at the airport in 50 minutes-ish. As soon as I got on the shuttle it left because there were so many. Mine was not even filled. Took me right to the front door of the terminal and gave me my luggage. Easy peasy.