Best spot to eat on arrival day

Day 1 of my cruise is embarkation day. This is a day I pay full fare for. My fare includes the use of the ship and included restaurants. This is why I get to the ship as early as possible and eat in restaurants I've already paid for.

To each their own.

exactly - to each their own. There are some folks here that brag about ordering multiple entrees in the MDR and eating 12 lobsters. To get their 'fare' value. To each their own.

I'd rather eat in a nice ft. lauderdale restaurant and not deal with the hoards of people trying to get their value on!

My two biggest RCI buildups were honey stung chicken and the roast beef sandwich. Also biggest disappointments.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

yeah the honey stung was a major letdown on our first cruise with Royal.

• 2 weeks later...
I feel the same way. If you get on early enough the ship is not too crowded. DW and I go to the pub right away, then she goes for pizza for the first of many times and I go to the Cafe Promenade. Why pay to eat on land when you have already paid to eat on the ship

Ditto. It's almost a ritual for us on Voyager and Freedom-class ships. I hit the pub for the tall drafts and she scouts the Promenade Café. She checks the offerings then lets me know what looks good. We fill a plate and settle in to watch the folks come on board oooing and ahhing their way down the Royal Promenade.

Harry