Scooter on Royal Princess

Hi, I have been looking at cruises on the Royal Princess and was wondering if anyone has had a ordinary balcony or deluxe balcony cabin when traveling with a small mobility scooter. I have sailed with royal caribbean and celebrity in balcony cabins with no problems, but the ones on Royal Princess look to be smaller. I have a Go go Elite Traveller, which is only 19" wide. Thanks

Hi, I have been looking at cruises on the Royal Princess and was wondering if anyone has had a ordinary balcony or deluxe balcony cabin when traveling with a small mobility scooter. I have sailed with royal caribbean and celebrity in balcony cabins with no problems, but the ones on Royal Princess look to be smaller. I have a Go go Elite Traveller, which is only 19" wide. Thanks

Going to be very tight. Check out these videos. The big concern is that the sitting area is by the sliding doors and the bed is next to washroom.

Standard Balcony

Deluxe balcony

• 2 weeks later...

After our last Princess cruise, we will never again consider Princess, nor will we recommend Princess for anyone with a mobility challenge.

Long story short, we were met with nothing but contempt around several issues, including broken lift to the adults-only retreat (which has no bathroom on the same level) and several shore excursion screw-ups: "forgetting" to order the accessible bus, even though we booked far in advance; and cancelling another excursion without bothering to tell us.

In general Princess seems to not really want to be bothered to meet the needs of mobility-challenged passengers.

After our last Princess cruise, we will never again consider Princess, nor will we recommend Princess for anyone with a mobility challenge.

Long story short, we were met with nothing but contempt around several issues, including broken lift to the adults-only retreat (which has no bathroom on the same level) and several shore excursion screw-ups: "forgetting" to order the accessible bus, even though we booked far in advance; and cancelling another excursion without bothering to tell us.

In general Princess seems to not really want to be bothered to meet the needs of mobility-challenged passengers.

I am not a Princess cheerleader by any means they have their faults like every other line and I am sorry that your experience was not good. However we have now completed some 28 cruises with Princess and never have been treated with any in any way other than with the greatest regard. The only time that Dudette with her wheelchair had a problem going ashore on an accessible tour was on Santorini but that was made very clear to us well in advance by the Accessibility Office of Princess.

We have been on both the Royal and the Regal and yes the balconies are narrow but depending on your ability to maneuver your scooter manually a 19" scooter should be doable. There are some cabins on both ships that do have wider balconies and if you pose your question on the Princess forum I am certain that someone will be able to help you.