shuttle bus from ship

kcms4

hi can any one confirm how much the shuttle buses are we will be on the vista 6th august just trying to sort excursions but if shuttle buses are expensive this has a bearing on who's excursions we use if you know what i mean:confused:

Don't know your itinerary, but Marseilles is 15 euros return. Rome is free as is Livorno. Dubrovnic is 10 euros return. Those are the only shuttles we have used in the Med

sorry for the maybe stupid question :confused:,

but why would you need a shuttle bus? Is that from the ship through the harbor or?

We have 3 private tours (from Messina, Naples and Livorno), do you think we need shuttles also? The pick up place is the harbor in each place.

Last year we sailed from Rome and the harbor is huge, so I could imagine that a shuttle from the ship to the harbor entrance is needed.

Thanks! :)

Don't know your itinerary, but Marseilles is 15 euros return. Rome is free as is Livorno. Dubrovnic is 10 euros return. Those are the only shuttles we have used in the Med

Was the shuttle in Livorno boarded inside the port or did you have to walk outside the gated area? Did that shuttle take you to the city center? Did Carnival advise you there was a shuttle? We are supposed to use a service to Pisa from the area. Thank you for any input you can give me.

I have sailed in to Livorno twice and there is a charge as the shuttle there is run by the port. It's 5 euros return.

If your on a tour be it private or ships you will not need it.

As it's an industrial port they do not allow you to walk through it - health and safety. It will take you through the port gates and drop you off by the town.

If it's free then even better but I think it is more likely to be a paid for one.

In Civitavecchia it's a long walk out of the port so a shuttle is put on to take you through. that one should be free.

In Barcelona the cruise line will try and sell you a shuttle ride. You could walk but it depends on the docking position as it's a distance to walk. We had the heads up and knew there is a port put on shuttle which cost us a few euros each return - Princess wanted to charge I think $15 each not 100% on that but I know it was a lot more.

we were on private tour last year in Naples same this year but I would say you should be able to just walk out the port no probs. But if I'm wrong I stand corrected.

i understand that you can get a public bus outside of the port into Marseille for a few euros. there may also be a free shuttle into town run by the port, i seem to think i ready this a couple of weeks ago.

I personally would not be paying the cruise company for their shuttles as the prices are always extortionate i always look for alternatives.

i understand that you can get a public bus outside of the port into Marseille for a few euros. there may also be a free shuttle into town run by the port, i seem to think i ready this a couple of weeks ago.

I personally would not be paying the cruise company for their shuttles as the prices are always extortionate i always look for alternatives.

Totally agree the only ships shuttle we took last year was in Istanbul and that was because it was easy and safe.

In Toulon Princess wanted $15 each for the water shuttle. We walked to the town in 20 mins for free.

Like wise in Barcelona the ship was pushing their shuttle again for $15 but there's a port run one that goes to the same drop off for 3 euro return. No Brainer to us.

If we have enough time after we get on the Vista Hubby wants to go to Las Ramblas and we will be taking the port bus. although i'm not convinced there will be time - guess it depends when we get to board. Me i'll be happy to head for the spa or serenity for a rest and catch up of sleep.