Wheelchair Courtesy

Apologies if this is a duplicate post. :o

One of us is confined to a wheelchair and he exercises every possible courtesy/caution as not to harm/injure other passengers with his wheelchair while onboard ship and/or ashore and/or at home and in his hometown when out and about.

On board ship though he had a few of too many close calls when an impatient passenger suddenly jumped from behind to in front of him and/or tried to squeeze past him in hallways while he and his wheelchair were in motion.

In short, he's very cautious and very considerate of others and only wishes that others would be the same in return.

I agree with you and my husband uses a walker due to mobility issues and most of the time people are very courteous, but you will encounter those who are rude and clueless. You know what surprised me was the younger folks who had more courtesy. When at elevators we just wait until there is room to get in and found most of the time people will make room. Our worst cruise was on the Summit last year. Worst group of ignorant people who would just stand there and not move for you to get through, some with drink in hand backing up without looking if anyone was coming behind them.

Edited by psupa

Apologies if this is a duplicate post. :o

One of us is confined to a wheelchair and he exercises every possible courtesy/caution as not to harm/injure other passengers with his wheelchair while onboard ship and/or ashore and/or at home and in his hometown when out and about.

On board ship though he had a few of too many close calls when an impatient passenger suddenly jumped from behind to in front of him and/or tried to squeeze past him in hallways while he and his wheelchair were in motion.

In short, he's very cautious and very considerate of others and only wishes that others would be the same in return.

I did read your post on the HAL and Celebrity boards, if that is what you meant.

###

I did read your post on the HAL and Celebrity boards, if that is what you meant.

###

I was trying to reach out to as many past/present/future cruise passengers and Cruise Line Forums as possible and without singling out one particular Cruise Line. Sorry for the confusion ....

:confused: :confused:

I was trying to reach out to as many past/present/future cruise passengers and Cruise Line Forums as possible and without singling out one particular Cruise Line. Sorry for the confusion ....

You posted this on every board.:confused::confused::confused:

I spent over 2 years in a wheelchair & crutches and it was a real eye opener. I have more appreciation for the those disabled now than I think I did before my surgery.

Electric scooters were not available in every grocery store/club store. When I went out with my mom or by myself, I was stuck with the crutches because I couldn't load the chair by myself. I had people bumping into me, while I was using the crutches. Not only did they not say excuse me, they did not say sorry! One guy even knocked me down and kept on going with no regard to the fact I was laying on the floor.

Since then I have always been more patient, more courteous and more helpful to those around me....

that is considered to be a breach of etiquette at best and a violation of the board's terms at worst. one speaking in general terms them you only need to post on the forums that are not ship specific..