Independence of the Seas - VOOM Review Needed

I have pre-purchased the Voom Surf and Stream package. It was over $300 for 2 devices. Is it worth it? I am planning on using it for imessage, post to facebook, instagram and to make wifi-calls. Would I be okay with Voom Surf to do these things?

Does anyone know if wifi-calls from the ship to the US are free?

Thank you!

iPhone 6 and AT&T service on airplane mode was for me while I was on wifi[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you didn't have any charges when you got home from AT&T? That is whod have.

Did you use Voom or Voom with Stream?

When in WiFi only mode you should not have any charges from your carrier. For most uses you don't need the upgraded STREAM package nor do you need a 2 device package if you can share. I don't remember seeing any reports that Indy has been upgraded to O3B Internet so performance will be sluggish and WiFi calls may be spotty. Upgrading to STREAM usually does not fix that. On ships without O3B Internet, the STREAM package simply lifts the download speed limit from about .5MBs (SURF limit) to about 4MBs (better for streaming videos but not much else).

We had Voom on Indy last week 1 device surf only, perfectly fine for my son streaming youtube, and for me checking mail, websurfing and posting photos etc. only used one device and logged in/out with no probs - was $15.88 day on board for 7 day package, 24hrs was about $23.