Onboard Proposal - Will Royal Help?

Seems like some good suggestions here although if having photos etc. of the event is that important you may not want to leave it up to a stranger so going on the roll call and asking someone could be risky.

I know that was for me as I suggested it, but remember that some people have been chatting for years on a Roll Call (depends on when it was started) and come to know each other very well. Our first RC was amazing and we still have friends we keep in touch with. I wasn't necessarily suggesting a stranger take a picture, but if someone is active on their RC, it's not such a foreign notion.... ;):p

I know that was for me as I suggested it, but remember that some people have been chatting for years otn a Roll Call (depends on when it was started) and come to know each other very well. Our first RC was amazing and we still have friends we keep in touch with. I wasn't necessarily suggesting a stranger take a picture, but if someone is active on their RC, it's not such a foreign notion.... ;):p

Ageed. Just saying he may not want to risk an amateur doing it but it is a good idea to save $. I myself wanted to keep it private but if pics were important enough to ask about on cc I'd probably find a way for a pro to do it. Again though your suggestion is thoughtful and helpful as it gives him options to consider. Mine was just a different angle to consider.

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this topic? I would also love to hear personal stories, if anyone would like to share! You can never have too many ideas. ;-)

More specifically, I was wondering if Royal has any sort of program or service where they can provide a photographer to help capture the moment. There will only be the 2 of us onboard in our group, and would love to have photographs of the proposal! If so, who would I contact to arrange the details?

Thank you in advance, and Happy sailing!

What if you take a go pro with you and a mini tri pod. I have one that has flexible legs and is about 6" tall) Set it up in a hidden spot a few minutes before you do it and that way you will have it on video with her reaction and all.

Also depending on where you do it, Room stewards, waiters, staff etc... usually go out of their way to make you happy. Slipping them some extra cash they can propably take a few pics with your own camera.

Good luck and Congrats

Maybe because it has already been a long day at work (and the day is just getting started) but there are so many things I would like to say in response to this...99.99% of them would probably get me tossed from the board.

So, I will just offer advice to the OP, when you see or here a comment like this (about your plans specifically or in general) just remember that some people are alive simply because it's against the law to kill them.

This may or may not apply to cb at sea...I will let you decide that.

Thanks for the laugh and saying pretty much EXACTLY what was going through my mind... I had actually typed most of it out before I remembered my theory on people like this... People who are infinitely miserable and cynical and love to try and make everyone else around them feel the same: They have to live their entire lives with themselves, which is so much more punishment than I could possibly ever give them in one reply. ;-)

Thanks for continuing the great ideas everyone! I'm definitely going to figure it out now!

I've already upgraded us to a suite, bought drink packages, and ordered Roses to be delivered to the room (all suprises) so it's going to be a great week!

I hope your proposal works out just the way you want. I would love to have a photo record of my DH proposal to me. Of course, I remember it, but after almost 50 years, the details are a little fuzzy! You are doing a very sweet thing!:)