Top 3 Specialty Restaurants on the Epic?

mal&jason

Hello all,

Due to my obsession with tonight's ability to reserve restaurants for my cruise, I ask the following question:

What are your top 3 favorite specialty restaurants on the Epic? These are the ones you reserve every time and are "can't miss."

Mallory

We enjoyed the Moderno, The Brazilian, and Taste. We could not get into the Italian La Cuchina, but didn't try until the last two nights. All the places we ate were just wonderful, did not enjoy room service as the portions were very small and limited. Enjoy your cruise and Have a Cocktail for me!!! :cool:

The location of La Cucina on Epic can't be better. It's sit at the very front of the ship, and there is actually a table where you can view forwards AND aft, if you are in the farthest starboard side of the restaurant.

Also, we enjoy Le Bistro much better on Epic than on the 'away class ships. In those, it's a tiny closet with no views of the ocean. On Epic, it does actually have windows and is a much more open spot. Unlike the others, you won't feel like you're dining on top of the person beside you.

For food, our favorites are Cagney's, Teppanyaki and Le Bistro. We have not had La Cucina since the menu has been updated and changed, so I can't report on the food there. We've had Moderno several times, and it's always been disappointing. Every land-based Brazilian steakhouse we've ever visited has better cuts of meat and much larger salad bars. If you have to skip one, I'd skip this one.

Edited by LrgPizza

We enjoyed the Moderno, The Brazilian, and Taste. We could not get into the Italian La Cuchina, but didn't try until the last two nights. All the places we ate were just wonderful, did not enjoy room service as the portions were very small and limited. Enjoy your cruise and Have a Cocktail for me!!! :cool:

I think you are a bit confused. Moderno is the Brazilian type restaurant and Taste is one of the main dining rooms, not a specialty restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...

Errr........Moderno IS The Brazillian Steakhous.

Taste is not a Speciality it is one of the Main Dining Rooms (Other is Manhattan Dining room).

1. Cagneys

2. Le Bistro

3. WAS Shanghai before it became included as part of the cruise price so I would say No 3 is now La Cucina.

We enjoy the ambience in Moderno but find it a bit rushed.

Looking forward to visiting all of the above next week, particularly following the refurb.

We used to enjoy the bar in Cagneys and now it has been relocated to where the salad bar used to be we are really looking forward to revisiting it. I have Cagneys booked three times next week !

We visited all 5 specialty restaurants along with both main dining rooms, dinner at the Cirque show and had sushi one night. Honestly we found something to like at every venue. We booked 3 specialty restaurants pre-cruise and then ended up eating at the other 2 too once on board.