Will I be missing out...

karen_g

if I don't do any shopping on St. Thomas? I'm starting to lean toward going to St. John for a beach day (on our own) but was wondering if I would be missing out by not taking advantage of the shopping opportunities in St. Thomas? I am not a huge shopper and am not looking to purchase anything specific, but I do like to bring back something sparkly (sp?) to remember my trip... like a piece of jewelry or some Swarovski crystal. Our ship will also be stopping in St. Marten... would that be a good alternate shopping stop? Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

Karen, for me I personally like the jewelry shopping better in St Martens. I don't have a specific store, I normally go to several see what I like and haggle from there. Don't get me wrong St Thomas has great shops too but I've found better deals in St Martens and I still have time to go to the beach.

Debbie

We did virtually no shopping on St. Thomas. We spent a good part of the day on St. John (where I did buy a couple of little things while passing by the shops). My sister bought a bottle of some sort of St. Thomas rum. That was the sum total of our shoppping. We were far to busy with beaches and snorkeling (and for my sister and DH, doing a kayak/snorkel combination excursion). We also did some sightseeing in the early morning.

I know this is sacrilege, but we're just not big shoppers. We'd rather do other things.

We did do a little shopping in Philipsburg on St. Martin. Got some liquers and BIL bought a watch; we bought a few other little things. But even so, we only spent about 2 hours total shopping.

Beaches on St. Thomas, St. John, and St. Martin are wonderful.

beachchick

Archived