Baltic weather

pinky swear

We're headed to the Baltic Sea for a cruise at the end of June. Can anyone provide us with an idea of what the weather might be like? Of course we'll plan for layers of clothing but how warm will it get during the day when off on our excursions?

We're headed to the Baltic Sea for a cruise at the end of June. Can anyone provide us with an idea of what the weather might be like? Of course we'll plan for layers of clothing but how warm will it get during the day when off on our excursions?

The weather is crazy these days, no way to predict. Typical is sixties or seventies if it is sunny, but rainy days can be in the upper fifties and there are heat spells in the nineties occasionally.

Bring all kinds of layers, you won't know how to dress until you walk out on deck that morning!

Here's a link to an exhaustive thread on this topic in the Northern Europe Port of Call Board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2314853

You should go to this thread if only because I can see you're new to Cruise Critic and you'll want to discover other useful boards when planning any cruise. "Ports of Call" and "Roll Call" will be great resources.

Here are words live by when packing: "Expect the unexpected." and "Layers."

We were on a Baltic cruise in late May. By the end of June it will be warmer but I'd say the same clothing would work.

I took a warm padded jacket, and needed it on every excursion - sometimes with a woolly hat and gloves, too! I also packed a fold-up waterproof in case the weather was too hot for the padded jacket - I didn't use it but I'd suggest it's a good idea.

I didn't bring any sweaters. Once indoors, all the shops and restaurants were well heated, and so was the ship, so I was comfortable in long-sleeved T-shirts. I packed a few thin short-sleeve t-shirts, which I found useful as an extra layer under blouses - and of course if it had turned out to be warmer, I could've worn either the t-shirts or the blouses on their own.

I had one warm cardigan to throw on if I had to cross open areas of the ship (e.g. to get to the buffet), and a warm pashmina or poncho would be useful for evening. If you haven't got one, they sell lovely ones in Tallinn!

I didn't bring shorts but wished I had them in Copenhagen.

Edited by Marisawrite

The weather is crazy these days, no way to predict. Typical is sixties or seventies if it is sunny, but rainy days can be in the upper fifties and there are heat spells in the nineties occasionally.

Bring all kinds of layers, you won't know how to dress until you walk out on deck that morning!

Last July pretty good. Warm with not too much rain. Go to weatherbase.com and they will give you a month by month picture of the average weather all over the world. Have a great cruise.