Honeymoon must dos Independence OTS

My fiancée and I will be having a mini-honeymoon aboard the Independence of the Seas in March, 4 nights out of Fort Lauderdale going to Cozumel, one night at sea each direction.

This will be my first cruise ever, and her first cruise as an adult, she had a so-so experience as a preteen aboard an Explorer-class ship with her family. The hope is that this will be a no-worries sort of trip, we're already planning on getting the ultimate drink package, a balcony stateroom and I'm planning a champagne and rose petals surprise for our first night.

My question is: What are some must dos for newlyweds in their mid-20s aboard the Independence of the Seas?

Be the newlywed couple on the Love and Marriage show and win a bottle of champagne?

(Didn't want to state the obvious:))

Thanks, this is just the thing I'm asking about. I have no clue what the Love and Marriage show is.

Edited by KnightsFan

The Love and Marriage show is like the old Newlywed Game. Three couples are chosen - a newlywed couple, a couple who have been married for many, many years and then a couple in the middle. Female spouses are asked questions with the other spouse off stage (and vice versa). The returning spouse tries to guess the answer given. The couple with the most correct answers wins. It's a fun thing to watch even if you don't participate. Questions asked can be risque - like where is the most unusual place you have ever made love. I still remember the reaction of a family of older children sitting in front of me to the answer given by a pastor and his wife of the kitchen table.

And here's a video of our Indy cruise...it's a bit lengthy...hope you enjoy it!

Thanks! Looks like y'all had a great time. That's probably the best passenger video I've seen of a cruise ship. Though I must admit I watched it at double speed. It definitely gives me a better feel for what to expect.

Vicki, love and marriage sounds like fun. Maybe we'll get lucky and be in it.

Thanks! Looks like y'all had a great time. That's probably the best passenger video I've seen of a cruise ship. Though I must admit I watched it at double speed. It definitely gives me a better feel for what to expect.

Vicki, love and marriage sounds like fun. Maybe we'll get lucky and be in it.

Yes, agree, that one was a bit slow...realizing that, I did another one from our cruise this spring on the Jewel (a smaller ship) that I sped up and used more upbeat music. Also, it's half as long.

In any case, congratulations on your upcoming wedding and have a great time on your honeymoon.

Thanks,

Mark