Embassy Suites - OSJ?

JustUs275

I've been researching hotels for a pre-cruise night. This is our first time to San Juan and I'm a bit confused. Can anyone tell me if the Embassy Suites at 8000 Tartak Street, Carolina - San Juan is the location that people are talking about when they refer to the "Embassy Suites in OSJ"?

We have HH points that we want to use, so I'm trying to figure out which Hilton property is best for us. We are ok with taking a bus or taxi into Old San Juan, as we want to see the forts and other OSJ historical sites. Is this Embassy Suites the closest one to OSJ?

Thanks,

Terri

I've been researching hotels for a pre-cruise night. This is our first time to San Juan and I'm a bit confused. Can anyone tell me if the Embassy Suites at 8000 Tartak Street, Carolina - San Juan is the location that people are talking about when they refer to the "Embassy Suites in OSJ"?

We have HH points that we want to use, so I'm trying to figure out which Hilton property is best for us. We are ok with taking a bus or taxi into Old San Juan, as we want to see the forts and other OSJ historical sites. Is this Embassy Suites the closest one to OSJ?

Thanks,

Terri

There is no Embassy Suites in OSJ. The Embassy Suites at 8000 Tartak Street is in Isla Verde. It is by the airport, about a 15 to 20 minute taxi ride to OSJ. It is the closest Embassy Suites to OSJ. I have stayed there before and really liked it. We rode the bus into OSJ. It can take almost an hour on the bus. If you have a whole day for OSJ then a bus might work for you. It cost us $0.75 pp in March.

There are 2 Hiltons that are closer to OSJ but of course you will not have the cooked to order breakfast and manger's cocktail reception at those like you would have at the Embassy Suites.

The hotel that most people talk about in OSJ is the Sheraton.

• 1 month later...
There is no Embassy Suites in OSJ. The Embassy Suites at 8000 Tartak Street is in Isla Verde. It is by the airport, about a 15 to 20 minute taxi ride to OSJ. It is the closest Embassy Suites to OSJ. I have stayed there before and really liked it. We rode the bus into OSJ. It can take almost an hour on the bus. If you have a whole day for OSJ then a bus might work for you. It cost us $0.75 pp in March.

There are 2 Hiltons that are closer to OSJ but of course you will not have the cooked to order breakfast and manger's cocktail reception at those like you would have at the Embassy Suites.

The hotel that most people talk about in OSJ is the Sheraton.

I agree. That's why we too booked the ES.

• 1 month later...

Thanks,

Terri

Also check out the Hampton Inn in Isle Verde as well, only a 2 or 3 block difference but the cost may be a little different, we stayed there on our last cruise from San Juan and it was really nice and the location was really nice, ate at a restaurant right next door to the hotel that we hope is still there as we will be taking this cruise in September 2017. I am a lover of the Embassy Suites but Hampton is my second choice and I am thinking we did not stay there because the Hampton was cheaper. We are a pretty large crowd so I always look for the best rate.