Help please for first time cruiser regarding Chic Night

Salsbee

Shorts are allowed for women. Never seen a woman on a cruise ship be turned away in shorts ever, any cruise line. Simply does not happen. It is fine. I guarantee it.

According to Celebrity's website, shorts aren't allowed in the main ding room at night. Just because they don't have the guts to enforce it, doesn't make it right. It's been a long time since I've see anybody, of either sex turned away because of a dress code violation. This even goes back to when they still had formal nights.

I am just off the same ship, Summit, and I saw men refused entry for wearing shorts consistently.

If a male wears long pants and a shirt with a collar he will find himself acceptable for "Elegant Chic". If he wants to wear full evening dress and medals he will feel equally at ease.

It is your holiday be comfortable but reasonably dressed. Shorts in the Dining Room at night are not acceptable but sometimes some get away with wearing them.

I am one who often wears shorts in the evening but on the occasion I do I eat in the buffet. I have never tried to enter a Dining Room in shorts be that as it may.

When I have worn shorts in the evening I have never felt uncomfortable, nor has anyone tried to make me feel uncomfortable

I am just off the same ship, Summit, and I saw men refused entry for wearing shorts consistently.

.........It is your holiday be comfortable but reasonably dressed. Shorts in the Dining Room at night are not acceptable but sometimes some get away with wearing them.

I am one who often wears shorts in the evening but on the occasion I do I eat in the buffet. I have never tried to enter a Dining Room in shorts be that as it may.

Whether or not someone is stopped from entering the dining room at dinner time wearing shorts often depends on which staff member happens to be monitoring the entrance at the time you arrive as well as whether or not the person happens to notice that you are wearing shorts, or even cares one way or the other.

When you step up to the podium at the entrance, the person at the podium sees you from about chest level up.

People are not supposed to wear shorts (even Bermuda length) in the dining room at dinner time, but wearing a micro-miniskirt is fine. ;)

It doesn't say anything about whether or not you need to shave your legs for evening chic nights. :eek:

Edited by varoo