Murano Watches

Preacherman46

Before going to Murano check stores near Santa Lucia railway station (on Lista Di Spagna street going in direction of Jewish Ghetto). They tend to be slightly cheaper and sell anything glass from cheap souvenirs to expensive statues.

Before going to Murano check stores near Santa Lucia railway station (on Lista Di Spagna street going in direction of Jewish Ghetto). They tend to be slightly cheaper and sell anything glass from cheap souvenirs to expensive statues.

Thank you for the info. I will check on Google maps "strolling" down the street :)

Just be sure you are buying a watch with true Murano glass made ON THE ISLAND OF MURANO. There is an awful lot of glass made in the Murano style out there. A lot of it is made in the Czech Republic and China (the glass, not the watch). Otherwise, you have just purchased a cheap (or ripoff expensive) knockoff.

Just be sure you are buying a watch with true Murano glass made ON THE ISLAND OF MURANO. There is an awful lot of glass made in the Murano style out there. A lot of it is made in the Czech Republic and China (the glass, not the watch). Otherwise, you have just purchased a cheap (or ripoff expensive) knockoff.

How would we know the difference?

Legit shops that's been there long time (ones I mentioned) likely will disclose especially if they sell similar looking items at different prices. There is also proper labelling although can be counterfeited. Most of the more expensive jewellery items are local. Something in 5-10 euro ballpark from street stalls probably not genuine.

Edited by hkto

Legit shops that's been there long time (ones I mentioned) likely will disclose especially if they sell similar looking items at different prices. There is also proper labelling although can be counterfeited. Most of the more expensive jewellery items are local. Something in 5-10 euro ballpark from street stalls probably not genuine.

I did see a shop on the street you mentioned that has a lot of the items in the window. I can only see part of the name of the shop, Ve?ri di Murano maybe, at 117 Lista di Spagna. Thank you for more guidance.