Hub app question

Vitamin_Sea

My kid has an iPhone. I have an android.

Were going to do the cheapest hub deal for the messaging.

What is the best app to use to text each other on ship?

Is it unlimited?

thanks

I'm confused, I thought the Carnival Hub app is where the messaging is done, and you said you both already have it.

I'm confused, I thought the Carnival Hub app is where the messaging is done, and you said you both already have it.

I'm confused to.

I'm getting the $5 service per phone.

were not sure what app to use for texting on ship

Do I use what we use on land?

My kid has an iPhone. I have an android.

Were going to do the cheapest hub deal for the messaging.

What is the best app to use to text each other on ship?

Is it unlimited?

thanks

I think you're confusing the Hub App with Internet/Wi-fi. If your ship has the Hub App there is a messaging feature included. No additional app is needed.

I think you're confusing the Hub App with Internet/Wi-fi. If your ship has the Hub App there is a messaging feature included. No additional app is needed.

DING DING DING!

Thanks and have great time on Splendor. Sailed her 3x :)

If both of you are getting the hub app, you should be able to message each other through the app while on the ship.

lol, ok that's why I was confused, because I thought that the messaging feature was already included in the Hub app.

I believe you are conflating 2 different things:

The 5 dollar per day social media plan is internet service from the ship that allows you to use facebook, whatsapp and a few other social media things. You can communicate with each other or back home via FB messenger or the whatsapp chat app and some other programs.

There are a few levels more of internet service available on board with increasing levels of service (and cost).

There is ALSO the HUB app. The Hub is FREE to download and use on both iOS and android. It allows you to see announcements, interactive maps of the ship, track your spending, set reminders for things you want to do/shows you want to see and some other things.

Additionally, you can pay a 1-time fee of 5 dollars to use the chat feature that allows you to chat with someone else on the ship who also has the HUB App and has the chat feature enabled. It does NOT allow you to send messages back home - it only works on the ship's wifi but does not require purchasing any of the internet plans.

HUB is only available on a limited number of ships right now. They just added Triumph recently but there's still more without it than with it.

You can download it now and see a countdown timer to your cruise and it shows you the ships it is live on and all others as "coming soon".

I believe you are conflating 2 different things:

Additionally, you can pay a 1-time fee of 5 dollars to use the chat feature that allows you to chat with someone else on the ship who also has the HUB App and has the chat feature enabled. It does NOT allow you to send messages back home - it only works on the ship's wifi but does not require purchasing any of the internet plans.

".

oh only 5 dollars for the whole cruise... that's all we need.. all set