RUBY PRINCESS - 1. stayed in R748/R750?-need feedback) 2. Any fb on Ruby?

Here is a Youtube video highlighting Baja 754. It is 2 decks below you. It looks like R748/750 may have a privacy issue from ppl at the pool railing looking onto your balcony. This video is good in that you can hear the "white noise" that is the propeller wash at cruising speed.

Is this cabin balcony noisy...is it noisy inside? How does the pool area above impact the enjoyment of the room? Etc.?

When was the Ruby last refurbished? Does she "feel old, worn"? How is the staff? How is the food?

We are 1st timers on Princess, period, so any and all feedback is appreciated.

R748 & R750 are not balcony cabins. They're ocean view. They have a window that is in a deep opening.

Those cabins are mostly quiet. Never stayed in them, but almost always stay in insides in that area. Usually, the only noise we hear is the door out to the pool deck closing when someone goes through to that deck.

The pool isn't directly above these cabins.

We've stayed in R751 (same as R750 but on Starboard). Folks leaning at the pool railing can sort of see the outer edge of your balcony. We had issues with smokers on Sun deck ashing / butting our balcony. No noise and no door slamming noises were heard. Quiet private hallway. Great access to Terrace Pool, Cafe Caribe/HC and Outrigger.

On the Ruby R748, 749, 750, 751 are Balcony, not Oceanview as on other super Grand class. Diamond and Sapphire have Aft facing balconies on Aloha vs OV.

R748 & R750 are not balcony cabins. They're ocean view. They have a window that is in a deep opening.

Those cabins are mostly quiet. Never stayed in them, but almost always stay in insides in that area. Usually, the only noise we hear is the door out to the pool deck closing when someone goes through to that deck.

OOPs!! my bad...thought they were OV.:o

We've stayed in R751 (same as R750 but on Starboard). Folks leaning at the pool railing can sort of see the outer edge of your balcony. We had issues with smokers on Sun deck ashing / butting our balcony. No noise and no door slamming noises were heard. Quiet private hallway. Great access to Terrace Pool, Cafe Caribe/HC and Outrigger.

I stayed in one and my sister in the other. The smoke and ash from above were intolerable for both cabins, but especially in R748. Absolutely no privacy in that cabin. (The smoking area has been moved to Lido deck which is just above these cabins.)

Would never stay there again, especially at the premium price that is charged.

I stayed in one and my sister in the other. The smoke and ash from above were intolerable for both cabins, but especially in R748. Absolutely no privacy in that cabin. (The smoking area has been moved to Lido deck which is just above these cabins.)

Would never stay there again, especially at the premium price that is charged.

Yah!

On our voyage Port side was No Smoking so R748 and R750 were fine. We even had cigar butts and ashes rain down Starboard side.

Yes the balcony of the "inner" cabin is wide open to those standing at the pool rail.

2. We liked the Ruby - the Sabatini's had the best manicotti and great ambiance - but that is gone in favor of Share.

Edited by Ferd Berfle
added Ruby fb

Yah!

On our voyage Port side was No Smoking so R748 and R750 were fine. We even had cigar butts and ashes rain down Starboard side.

Yes the balcony of the "inner" cabin is wide open to those standing at the pool rail.

2. We liked the Ruby - the Sabatini's had the best manicotti and great ambiance - but that is gone in favor of Share.

Now that you mention it, we were on the odd numbered side. So the even side is non-smoking? That's good to know. Still wouldn't stay in the aft cabin closest to the exit door. Absolutely no privacy and those pesky sea gulls kept pooping on our chairs.

They are being sold as premium balcony cabins.

These cabins are our favorites.

Always book only one of these on this ship.

Wish more Grand class ships were built with these as balcony cabins!

Never any issues from overhead noise or privacy.

All four cabins are deep enough that privacy is no concern.

Yes, if your at the balcony rail you can be see from above - but the location outweighs concern IMHO.

Your location is on 'dogleg' off the main corridor - no traffic.

Some 'door slamming' comments from others - never an issue for us.

Standard cabins, no odd interior exceptions - great location near pool, upper decks and buffet.

Book it!!

we have R748 for an upcoming Alaska Cruise... found it available by chance, and grabbed it right away without any hesitation. if you see an aft balcony open, i would not wait for a new review as many are already available and good aft cabins are in great demand. note that there are several aft balconies that have a beam running down the back through the balcony itself... google ruby princess aft pictures and match to deck plans... these i would stay away from (princess does not mention obstructed or partial views on these units. i find that non disclosure to be disturbing)

we have R748 for an upcoming Alaska Cruise... found it available by chance, and grabbed it right away without any hesitation. if you see an aft balcony open, i would not wait for a new review as many are already available and good aft cabins are in great demand. note that there are several aft balconies that have a beam running down the back through the balcony itself... google ruby princess aft pictures and match to deck plans... these i would stay away from (princess does not mention obstructed or partial views on these units. i find that non disclosure to be disturbing)

We've found Grand class aft balconies with the beam to be just fine, the beams even provide some shade.

You'll love R748 - balcony is slightly larger than R750 and most times folks aren't peeping into your balcony. I noted the other perks above. On the Ruby the Riviera balcony overhangs the stern so you have a great view.

I had R746 on Caribbean Princess. I loved the location, a few steps to the door, a few steps up to the terrace pool/chairs, a few steps up to the terrace bar, terrace buffet, chairs walk through to Horizon Court buffet and elevators.

A few times I took my buffet breakfast back to cabin to eat on the balcony.

I did not hear any noise from above. I did sometimes hear the slamming of the door when people would let the door go instead of holding it during the day.