Triumph or Fantasy

cruiserll

We are looking at cruising June 2017 and are within driving distance of New Orleans and Mobile. So which ship do you think is better? Triumph or Fantasy? This would be our 5th cruise but we haven't cruised in many years. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Linda

I was about to post the same thing. (Great minds think alike!)

For us, the difference in getting to the two ports is, literally, 10 minutes. I was hoping to give some cruise business to Mobile in hopes that will encourage cruise lines to port there. Unfortunately, for the dates we are looking at, Fantasy is more expensive than Triumph. But I do love the Fantasy Class ships.

We are looking at cruising June 2017 and are within driving distance of New Orleans and Mobile. So which ship do you think is better? Triumph or Fantasy? This would be our 5th cruise but we haven't cruised in many years. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Linda

Go on a newer ship they so much nicer.

Go on a newer ship they so much nicer.

Triumph is newer but is 27 years old. I was on in April and it was fine, the only thing I did not care for was the massive human traffic jam near guys and blue iguana at mealtime. It's just not laid out well. I'm really looking forward to getting back on a Fantasy class ship this fall. I just had to wait for them to put Blue Iguana and Red Frog on one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

If you want a small ship which won't feel crowded go fantasy but if you are looking for a larger ship go triumph. Since Fantasia drydock both have similar facilities the only real difference is seaside theatre and alchemy bar being only on the triumph.

I have been both of these ships, and enjoyed each one. Just went on the Fantasy this past April, and the upgrades made Fantasy even better. It was the first time with Guy's Burgers and was great. One thing to consider is if you prefer the big screen tv and stadium seating, that would be on the Triumph. On sea days we like to relax by the pool listen to the music and watch the deck games.