Acapulco Tour - Fort of San Diego

nycruise

Has anyone done the "Evening At the Fort of San Diego" tour offered by NCL? Is it worth the time, 3 1/2 hours, and money $49?:confused:

Don't know about NCL's tour, but the Fort is fascinating-looking and I wish we'd had time to tour it when we were there. As we were walking by, we heard a bit of a spiel from a guide conducting a tour group who said that aside from all its history, this is where they filmed the crocodile scene at the end of Romancing the Stone! The fort isn't on the water so they faked that part but they did use the parapets. ;)

Just thought I'd bump it up and see if anyone actually took the Fort San Diego Night tour offered by NCL. It's billed as an evening of music, dancing, folkloric, changing of the guard, ending with gunshots, fireworks and a margarita. Do you miss much by being off the ship that night?:confused:

Just got off the Star from 10/16 cruise and the fort is directly across the street from the pier so if the tour is also open to walk up general admission it wouls probably be cheaper. Not too much to miss on board that night - they do have a mariachi band come on board and play at the pool deck and also a folklore show in the Stardust theatre that evening around 8:30. Just depends on what your interested in.

We just did that tour on the 10/08 cruise and it was the only bad thing that happened the whole cruise, they walked us thru the fort so fast and it was at night after the fort closed they didn't even turn on all the lights in the rooms, they forced us out so that we would have time to go shopping at there family store and then see the dancing, the dancing was very good but the fort tour stunk and it was not worth the money, do it your self and take your time.

We also took this tour this year. I don't remember being rushed through to get to the store. We didn't linger in any of the rooms though on the tour. The changing of the guards was ok, and we enjoyed the show afterwards. All the margaritas (not very strong) you wanted :). It seemed to me when I looked at the replay of the show on the ship that it was very close to the same one we saw on the tour.

Archived