JUST BACK from Wilma affected 10/15 NOS

megr1125

I would have to agree... The weather wasnt that great but enough to get me burnt too LOL!! Labadee is Labadee, a nice beach day. The service was great, the food was plentyful and the passengers where so much fun to get to know.. the rest... Well it was VACATION! Better then working any day! Im booking another one with RCCL soon!

My family (10) enjoyed celebrating my parents 50th on the 10/15 NOS. We would have liked the original ports, but were thankful for the smoother seas instead. We were disappointed that those with tours were not allowed off the ship earlier than those without tours. As it was, we had to wait an extra 30 minutes to fill up a bus. Thats the only complaint on a wonderful trip. Would recommend the ship and company to anyone interested in a great week at sea.

PS-More than happy to get out of Miami Saturday afternoon after a week of wondering about getting to Miami at all.

I'm can certainly understand the dissappointed some had in the itinerary change, I would be, too. Especially if we didn't get to go to San Juan, we chose our upcoming cruise based on the fact that we only considered itineraries that included it as one of the ports. We love the city, the cobblestone streets, El Morro, the shopping. Beauty is definately in the eye of the beholder ;)

Why is it that people have to keep saying, "Labadee is a beach day"? Some people don't enjoy laying around on a beach, which is the reason they may have chosen other ports. I, for one, do enjoy a certain amount of "beach time", but I also want to do other activities.

I would really like to take some time to write a full review, but I'll need just a few more days to get caught up on laundry and unpacking first. I don't understand where people are complaining about the lack of the sun, I thought the weather was spectacular! Yes the first few days were overcast but I thought it was great, I am ALWAYS cold, and even on these cloudy days I never wore a jacket. It just made it so that you didn't need sunglasses, which was great. On the days towards the end of the trip that the sun was out I just thought that it was too hot, so the clouds were awesome.

Look for my review I have a lot to say about Labadee, Jamaica and San Juan, but I've got to get the laundry done first!!

This thread has made me decide to do even MORE homework about ports before we cruise. I prefer independent site-seeing rather than the excursions that are sold by RCCL, and one thing that really disappoints me about RCI is that they only have "port talks" about shopping.

When we went to St. Maarten I rented a car and drove to the French side and strolled around and bought books for my French classes. When we went to San Juan we got off the ship and walked straight to the local information center and got a map and directions and walked to El Morro and San Cristobal. It was great, and practically free - just the cost of admission to the forts.

So now I guess I need to have some idea about what to do in "what-if" ports. The ship won't even have a map of the area, other than the shopping map.

Our next cruise is supposed to be Costa Maya and Grand Caymen. So we're waiting to see what effects Wilma will have had on those ports.

I recommend that if anyone has a port change they get on the internet on board ASAP so they can make DELICIOUS lemonade out of the "lemons" of different ports.

I loved San Juan and I loved Jamaica.

May be it's just because it's not funny to have our itinary moved for any other place when it's that place you want to see.

I will return anytime to San Juan for a week if it was not so expensive (canadian dollars...).

we were on the NCL Majesty during Hurrican Floyd, actually racing it back to the states. Had 30 foot swells and lots of sea sick folks lying in the hallways, anywhere to be out of their cabins where they felt worse. Fortunately, we did not get sea sick, and we, being the "fools" we are, were out on the Promenade deck taking pics of the huge swells ... when we went out to over look the bow, the waves were crashing over the bow! It was awesome. It did not affect our itinerary though, so it was a great trip.

HOWEVER, Hurricane Fabian did. We were again suppose to go to Bermuda, but ended up doing the Canadian/NE trip. Being from Rhode Island, we were not thrilled with this, but what can you do? So, we decided to make the best of it, enjoy the ship, ride the waves a little. Better than being in rollicking seas trying to get to destinations that you cannot depart to, and being in the rain etc.

We had a beautiful week with weather in the low 80's...not much of a pool week, obviously, but the hot tubs were still OK. Having lived in NE all our lives, we had never been North of Sebago, Maine so we really enjoyed Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and oh, yeah, Bar Harbor. We hiked through Acadia. It is beautiful, and if you are not up to the hike there are free buses that take you to the park. And let's not forget the beautiful scenery. And hey, they were people that were angry, upset, and just being jerks about the whole thing because NCL's Dawn attempted to get to the Bahamas. Hello, the ship is huge compared to the Majesty. All they got for their trouble was rain, and missed opportunity.

Go for the itinerary, with the hopes of getting there, but

also for the ship and the people/staff you will meet.

Go with the flow, pun intended.

Archived