Cabin near elevators on Anthem OTS

Hi, I just booked a 9-day Canada/New England cruise on Anthem of the Seas in August. I will be cruising with my 2 and 4 years old. I am now torn in which cabin I should choose. It would be great if you can give me some advice and share your experience.

I am debating if I should choose a cabin with bigger balcony but right behind the elevators (10562), or a regular size balcony but further down the hallway in midship (e.g. 9200).

I now have 10562 on hold, but will I hear ding/ding from the elevators all the time? And from your experience, will there always be loud and exciting people gathering at the elevator lobby (especially at night and early in the morning)?

We always book a Jr spa suite which are outside of the elevators. Never have we heard nothing but quiet. There is a wall between the cabins and the elevator. In my opinion they are choice cabins. If you choose one you will be happy. Very convenient.

As Maria has said, there is a wall and u don't hear anything.

We had 7644 and our friends had 7246 on Anthem, and it was very convenient and very quiet.

We always try to find a cabin as close as possible to the elevators....

I'd take the 10562 -- a very large balcony :)

Did a B2B on Quantum, same layout, and found the Aft/ maim elevator most convenient . Great to get to almost any venue, especially restaurants, pool, windjammer kids deck(bumper cars, I fly. Happy sailing.[emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were in cabin 10562 for our Anthem March cruiseand it's was great as to location and the view from its extra large balcony. Like others have posted elevator noise wasn't a problem because there is a wall between the elevator area and passageway in front of that cabin.

Below are shots of the balcony for 10562 and its view.

attachment.php?attachmentid=388119&d=1466174644

attachment.php?attachmentid=388120&d=1466174644

attachment.php?attachmentid=388121&d=1466174644

P3192028.jpg.b9a9ef7262f161ec58aa18cffc3c18de.jpg

P3192030.jpg.af35e0a46938ce658b0ae954a4f5ffaa.jpg

P3192034.jpg.7316ea1af429609f31e4781eff6be2b3.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

I just sailed on Anthem on June 2nd with my 8, 5, and 3 year old. I would not hesitate to book a room near the stairs or elevator. I would even recommend it!

I would also plan your cabin selection based on the activities you will be going to the most. For us, we booked cabins on the 11th deck (midship, but closer to the aft...11263 & 11265) because we would rather walk down a hall to Adventure Ocean than up and down stairs multiple times a day or wait for an elevator. During our cruise, we spent the most amount of time with our kids in Adventure Ocean, Windjammer and pool area, so we had easy walks up the stairs to all of these areas.

With kids on this ship, I would stay closer to the aft/midship and near the stairs or elevators. We also had a lot of mobility impaired cruisers on our sailings, so we chose the stairs most of the time. Hope this helps!

On a side note, the Anthem is my least favorite ship. However, my daughters had a wonderful time on our cruise. The kids' pool is great, but be aware that your child in diapers will need to stick to the tiny baby pool and yes, they will enforce it. If you have any other kid-related questions regarding this ship, I would be happy to answer them for you.

@BlueSkiesTX, thanks for the tips.

Why would you suggest aft/midship with kids? Isn't the Adventure Ocean at the front? The Windjammer and H2O zone are at the aft though.

How come Anthem is your least favorite? It doesn't offer as many kids activities as other ships?

Why would you suggest aft/midship with kids? Isn't the Adventure Ocean at the front? The Windjammer and H2O zone are at the aft though.

I always pick midship because of seasickness/nausea. You can feel this ship move more than most IMO. Not enough to get sick, but I don't like to take any chances.

Yes, AO is in the front and we were on one of the decks with AO on it. The older kids (6-8, 9-11) are in the AO on deck 12. It was easier for us to walk a long corridor every day to AO than it would have been to walk to multiple stairs/wait for an elevator. This worked better for us. I would rather be closer to food and the pool (especially while carrying a beach bag) than AO. Will you be spending a lot of time in AO or the baby play area? Then, maybe farther forward is better for you. I like to be near food when traveling with kids and my kids are a little older. Think about how you will spend your day and plan accordingly. On this ship, you will want to be on the highest decks possible. You will probably spend less time in the Royal Esplanade so elevators make it an easy option. You know what works best for your family.

Anthem is my least favorite ship for a variety of reasons. The kids had a wonderful time. We were exceptionally happy with ALL of the kid activities we took part in. Dancing with Julien from Madagascar in Two70 was especially fun. My kids begged to go into AO each day.

I don't like Anthem for the following reasons: poor ship design (felt extremely crowded, some areas a total waste of space), needed about 1000 less passengers and 50% more crew, cut off from the ocean in too many areas on the ship, restaurant food was hit or miss, service in the restaurants was chaotic, waitstaff was completely overworked and exhausted, lines everywhere, app never worked correctly, morale among the crew was extremely low. Many cruisers I spoke to felt the same way. The ship just doesn't have any soul or life to it. Feels like a mall on the ocean.

I STILL had fun and will sail with Royal on the Liberty of the Seas in November for Thanksgiving with my family. I will never sail on this class of ship again however. And, it's not a knock on big ships. Most people that I spoke with who sailed on Allure/Oasis said that they never felt crowded on those ships, but felt crowded on this one. Now, if I was a solo cruiser or adults traveling without children, I may have had a completely different experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Sailed on Anthem in June and had cabin 7646 right near elevator. Best location because it's close to dining venues. After dinner we would walk down to the entertainment venues which gave us time to digest our dinner. Never heard a sound from the elevators. Good location for upper deck pool and windjammer also. Have picked a similar location on deck 9 for my next sail.

Loved the ship. Never felt crowded at all.

Edited by espo56

• 1 month later...
As Maria has said, there is a wall and u don't hear anything.

We had 7644 and our friends had 7246 on Anthem, and it was very convenient and very quiet.

We always try to find a cabin as close as possible to the elevators....

I'd take the 10562 -- a very large balcony :)

I'm looking for pictures of the balcony of cabin 7246 and haven't had any luck.

Do you think your friend can share pictures please?

I understand it is smaller than most and where is the sofa bed located?

Thank you!

We always book a Jr spa suite which are outside of the elevators. Never have we heard nothing but quiet. There is a wall between the cabins and the elevator. In my opinion they are choice cabins. If you choose one you will be happy. Very convenient.

Same here. :)

Sailed on Anthem in June and had cabin 7646 right near elevator. Best location because it's close to dining venues. After dinner we would walk down to the entertainment venues which gave us time to digest our dinner. Never heard a sound from the elevators. Good location for upper deck pool and windjammer also. Have picked a similar location on deck 9 for my next sail.

Loved the ship. Never felt crowded at all.

I'm guessing 7646 had a "smaller" balcony as I have 7246 booked and that what it states on my reservation. Do you happen to have pictures of the balcony to share please?

Thanks!

I'm looking for pictures of the balcony of cabin 7246 and haven't had any luck.

Do you think your friend can share pictures please?

I understand it is smaller than most and where is the sofa bed located?

Thank you!

Sorry, friends were first cruisers and I picked the cabin (&cruise for them), because the location. They didn't take any balcony pictures... But, I can assure u it was a very adequate size. The sofa bed was near the balcony.

I tend to forget things, and the location was perfect for going back and forth.

The only downside was when I got back in the morning, after swimming in the Solarium -- I had a looong way back :(