cozumel, help plan my tour route...

lillygator

we plan on hiring a driver for the day but I would kind of like to map everything out ahead of time. our port time is 8:30am to 3:45pm. we'd like to visit:

the ruins

coconuts

rastas

punta sur

a market

el mirador

any suggestions??

we plan on hiring a driver for the day but I would kind of like to map everything out ahead of time. our port time is 8:30am to 3:45pm. we'd like to visit:

the ruins

coconuts

rastas

punta sur

a market

el mirador

any suggestions??

here is a link to a map of the island

http://www.mappery.com/maps/Cozumel-Diving-Tourist-Map.gif

Also with google maps you can do a complete drive round the whole island!

As you can see the main route circles the island so to visit the places you require:

El Mercado (market downtown)

San Gervasio (ruins - entrance charge)

Coconuts

El Mirador

Rasta's

Punta Sur (entrance charge)

or reverse.

I'm following, in case you get some great responses. I'm hoping to hire a tour bus for my group of 9, and trying to figure out the best places to go.

We have used ToursPlaza many times and I believe they have a vehicle that would accommodate your group.

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.toursplaza.com/eng/hiring-driver.cfm

There are buttons at the top of the page which give suggestions for tours of various lengths.

Eduardo is very quick to answer any questions you may have.

We have used ToursPlaza many times and I believe they have a vehicle that would accommodate your group.

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.toursplaza.com/eng/hiring-driver.cfm

There are buttons at the top of the page which give suggestions for tours of various lengths.

Eduardo is very quick to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you. I'll be emailing him. I'm trying to decide between him and Black Hat Tours.

I am also trying to decide between Tours Plaza and Black Hat...of the things I had listed what would take the most time? At Cocnuts and Rastas (we've been before) so we'd like to have a drink there and leave our name on the wall...

how long does it take to tour the ruins?

we've rented a jeep prior and toured all over, but I like the safety of being able to have a few cold ones and someone else driving. Plue we are a party of 6 so we'd have to get 2 jeeps.

I am also trying to decide between Tours Plaza and Black Hat...of the things I had listed what would take the most time? At Cocnuts and Rastas (we've been before) so we'd like to have a drink there and leave our name on the wall...

how long does it take to tour the ruins?

we've rented a jeep prior and toured all over, but I like the safety of being able to have a few cold ones and someone else driving. Plue we are a party of 6 so we'd have to get 2 jeeps.

The ruins are very small and could take from 30 - 60 mins depending on how closely you study them, whether you pay for a guide and whether you walk to the outlying ruins, or just visit the main plaza.

Punta Sur also requires entrance fee and could takes as little as 1 hour to all day again depending on how many sites you visit and how long you linger; climb the lighthouse, visit the crocodiles, take the pontoon boat. There is also a beach and bar there, which I have not made it to yet, but that is why I say you could spend the whole day.

Theoretically I think you could visit all these places but I think John and I feel it would be a rush and not very relaxing. Different people obviously linger for different lengths of time but especially with a party of 6 you would be surprised how long even a simple stop takes to get everyone in and out of the van - I know I have taken my family on trips round the island! The other aspect to consider is the mobility of the group if you have mixed ages.

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...