Why I use a Travel Agent.

Over the last few days I have booked several cruises. All have been booked using future cruise certificates.

Booking 1 Transatlantic April 2017 booked directly with cruise line in the UK.

I knew exactly the cruise I was going to book including cabin category and location. The cruise was booked under the BOGHO all-inclusive sale. After spending 75 minutes on the phone and receiving 4 different invoices, (which were all wrong) I ended the call. An email was then sent to the corporate office to discuss this booking. Two further emails with corporate and after receiving a call from them my booking was completed correctly.

Many thanks to Laly and Nelson.

Booking 2 Back to Back Caribbean August 2017 booked with a 'Big Box' agency.

Again I knew the cruises and cabin required. Very helpful agent, she asked me if I had any vouchers or certificates and even offered a small senior discount. 20 minutes on the phone and same cabin booked for both cruises. Very good service and $300 cheaper than booking direct with the cruise line.

Booking 3 Transatlantic October 2017 booked by my US agent.

Less than 2 minutes to type and send an email and 30 later an invoice is in my inbox!

Booking 3 shows why I use an agent for the majority of my bookings and only book myself when there are decent savings booking by other ways.

Pete.

I presume you've never had a problem booking with a US TA while being based in the UK ?

We are quite lucky, out TA is also a very good friend and we have never encountered any problems. She has booked about 25 out of the last 30 cruises we have done.

Pete