After just coming off a Silver Seas cruise, I was pleasantly spoiled by taking advantage of their dry cleaning services that were included in my room service. I was able to pack far less than I typically do and even went home with most cloths ready to return to my closet. It was a very nice touch.

On a forthcoming Seven Seas Explorer cruise in one of the better cabins, (and comparable or better than my Silver Sea's cabin), I was sorely disappointed to find out that this service is not included.

If you want to hail yourself as being the premier luxury line, you need to seriously reconsider this policy. I'd much rather pay upfront in the inclusive price than have to pay ala carte. Particularly at your top / premier cabin suite levels that I pay handsomely for.

In the case of Silver Seas, they include Laundry service in their mid level suites and both dry cleaning and laundry service in their upper level suites. That seemed perfectly reasonable and appropriate to me.

Often it's the small things that make a big difference and at least to me, this is certainly one of them right from the onset of the cruise and the necessary packing my wife and I will have to do before and after our voyage.

The only cabin on the Explorer that includes this service is the one top cabin, and again there is only one cabin like this and it was already booked. On a sq ft basis, it's not much more than I am paying; certainly considering the other amenities it includes such as unlimited spa services and a personal private limo available at every port.

I am sorry I missed your live dialog as I was traveling, but I do hope that you have an opportunity to read this and perhaps reconsider this policy.

Thank you. Louis - NJ

Need to comment that Silversea is a very different cruise line than Regent (and we have sailed on Silversea three times). I could list the differences but this is not to place to do so.

"Free" dry cleaning is a Seven Seas Society benefit available to Titanium members (400+ nights). There would likely be a lot of Seven Seas Society members that would be extremely upset if this benefit were offered to passengers that have not achieved this status. Obviously the Explorer suite is an exception...... one suite out of 2,640 suites that Regent has on four ships.

IMO, this subject would be easier to discuss on the regular Regent board (below) rather than here.

Thanks for your comments. Laundry and Dry Cleaning services are certainly some of the most valued benefits. As stated, unlimited Dry Cleaning is provided for our Titanium travelers, for those who have sailed 400+ nights. However we have added limited valet laundry services for our Gold Members with 75+ nights and there are free garment pressing options beginning at the Silver level.